Hello, from Tennessee...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, from Tennessee...

Brought home an '04 MGM GS (Convenience Pkg), a few days ago, after having my '99 MGM LS knocked out from under me a few weeks back. Loved that car, but it saved my life. This one lacks the air-ride of its' predecessor, but only has 39K miles on it, drives like a dream and should be a great ride in its' own right. LOVE the R&P steering!

Still nursing a broken hand, but eventually want to add Addco F&R sway bars, drop it an inch or so and trade up to 17" or 18" rims and tires. It may be a "commuter" car, but that doesn't mean it can't be fun.

Just an analog guy, stuck in a digital world.

Welcome. How did the other car fair in the accident?
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Welcome. How did the other car fair in the accident?
      Well..... another driver lost control trying to pass traffic behind me. They overcompensated, smacked the wall then bounced off and tagged me (hard) in the driver's side rear door. That put me sideways on the interstate @ 60(ish) MPH and then headfirst into a concrete divider. The passenger side looks relatively untouched. The frame, nose and driver's side? Not so much.... Except for a busted hand (smacked the door, I think...), that car let me walk away without a scratch.

Comment

Wow, lucky you walked that one off for sure. I personally wouldn't bother lowering the car, I think with some 17's or 18 inch wheels and window tint will complete the look personally.
        79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Hello From East Tennessee!

Nice Ride
          sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

I'd lower it. Just because you can. And welcome to the Party!!!

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Sorry to see what happened to your '99 You could have been in worse shape, if you were driving a compact car...
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                Sorry to see what happened to your '99 You could have been in worse shape, if you were driving a compact car...
                Believe me, I know all too well. Had an '07 Taurus knocked out from under me by a drunk driver four years ago. Decided right then and there I was going back to body-on-frame for my daily driver. The Panther platform was a no brainer for me. Not quite the same fun as my old Torino, but I'm gonna give it a try this time!

Comment

Welcome!

Sucks about the '99. What kind of car was it that hit you? What was that assholes deal?

Comment

I'm a bodyman here in NC, and we fix crashed out panthers on the reg. That is amongst the worse I have seen, and is definitely totaled. You are damn lucky/blessed to have walked away from that one. You must have smacked that divider pretty damn hard.

Cool that you got another one though. These cars are known for doing an excellent job of protecting their driver in a serious crash. Enjoy your stay here!

Comment

Originally posted by ford man View Post
                      Welcome!

Sucks about the '99. What kind of car was it that hit you? What was that assholes deal?
                      The car that hit me was a '99 Malibu. She was absolutely freight-training. Not a car in front of me (across four lanes on my side) for a hundred yards, but there was obviously someplace she had to be... right freakin' NOW... and she just wasn't getting there quick enough! She tried passing someone behind me and was moving so fast (in a MALIBU?!) that she had enough kinetic energy to smack the wall... proceed to try and PASS me... and STILL have enough energy to knock my car SIDEWAYS! You know how they say "time slows down" when something like this happens? BS.... From the time she tagged me, to the time I smacked headfirst into the concrete divider was a whole half-dozen heartbeats. I didn't know DICK until after the air-bag dust started to settle. Never really had much of an opportunity to talk to her. Just enough to ask if she was OK. She was just a kid (24, or so...) and not altogether "there", if you KWIM. Pretty sure Metro-Nashville PD had the same vibe.

From what I've seen, living here, 99% of these type accidents would be avoidable if folks just left home five minutes sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post

You must have smacked that divider pretty damn hard.

Cool that you got another one though. These cars are known for doing an excellent job of protecting their driver in a serious crash. Enjoy your stay here!
                        Was doin' 60-ish when I did my Dale Earnhart... funny thing... even with the force of the impact, there was no broken glass. The windshield had a spider-web crack that was about even with where my head would have been, but I never touched it!

As for my "stay", thank you... I'm going to enjoy it while I can. Soon as I'm released to go back to work, I'll be back to a 60-80 hours/wk. Sucks, but it pays the bills.

Comment

Originally posted by OleDutchD View Post
                          Soon as I'm released to go back to work, I'll be back to a 60-80 hours/wk. Sucks, but it pays the bills.
                          Hourly or on salary?
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                            Hourly or on salary?
                            Over the years, I've been on both sides of the table... but for now, and for the duration, I'm quite content to be hourly. Just a few less here and there would be nice. Put in well over 3500 hours last year. Damn, I'm beat...

Comment

Welcome.to.gmn

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                              X