How wide is a box panther?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How wide is a box panther?

Need to put an 89 on a tow dolly...car has stock turbines on it....anyone know how wide it is? Dont want to get all the way up to the car and not have it fit....thanks in advance to anyone! I know 2nd gen trans ams just fit on there with 8" wide wheels.
    89 crown Vic GT with ho conversion and enough pontiacs to have a car show

stock turbines are 6.5 wide IIRC. rear axle width is narrower than front width if using a 2-wheel dolly. The whole set of specs can actually be found on wikipedia. Actual body width is 77.5 inches.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Well, the Tank and Marauder both fit on the uHaul car trailer if thats helps any.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

overall width from outside of the rim to outside of the rim, at least on the front, is 72 inches on a 98. Should be the same or slightly narrower on a box.

And yeah it's sort of a known thing here that they'll fit on Uhaul car dollies.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Measured my 1988 CVPI with 225/70/15 Eagle RSA tires and stock 6.5" steel wheels. Front Width is 73.25" from outside of the tire (bulge at ground) to outside of tire (bulge at ground).
          Last edited by P72Crazy; 10-23-2013, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I was able to get my 91 CV P72 on an older Uhuall trailer. It fir width wise but was a little long and hung off the end.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1170.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	1273285Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1171.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	1273286
            This was back in 2008 when I picked up the car.
            1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
              overall width from outside of the rim to outside of the rim, at least on the front, is 72 inches on a 98. Should be the same or slightly narrower on a box.

And yeah it's sort of a known thing here that they'll fit on Uhaul car dollies.
              And yeah, he kinda asking if it would fit.

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

My dolly is a dayco....and yes it did fit....barely...but it did fit...will post up some pics in a new thread today
                89 crown Vic GT with ho conversion and enough pontiacs to have a car show

Comment

Working...
                X