Spout Connector Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1988mgm View Post
    The emissions sticker says to set the parking brake ,then put it in drive to set base timing. I'm just trying all I can to get the timing right. It shouldn't be the fuel filter causing it because it ran fine before I jacked with the timing.
    Pretty funny as how most Box Panthers have auto parking brake release which won't even allow the parking brake to stay set in drive.

I've always heard of setting the timing in Park.
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Yeah I was gonna say my auto parking brake release still works, and it releases in anything other than park.
      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

The Sticker Says,"ignition timing-adjust with man. Trans in neutral and auto trans. in "D"."

Comment

Trust us, in park.

Alex.

Comment

faulty TPS sensor will cause pinging too........
            2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
            89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
            88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by 1988mgm View Post
              The Sticker Says,"ignition timing-adjust with man. Trans in neutral and auto trans. in "D"."
              Honestly, it shouldn't matter in what gear you time it. Without the spout hooked up, it will never change, regardless if you're at 650 rpm or 2650 rpm. Drive or not, with out the computer advancing or retarding the timing, the timing will always be the same...

Comment

Well I took the upper intake off and replaced my right valve cover gasket, the map sensor vacuum line, the evap line, the upper intake gasket, then set my timing to 10 BTDC. And I started it up and it sound 1000 times better. So my problem with the "pinging" was my timing being way off.

Comment

Working...
                X