No announcement yet.

non-HO cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got 2 BRAND NEW Explorer cams. Cheap if anyone wants them.

65mm TB on a stock intake and stock heads is a waste of money. Toss a stock HO upper and TB on it. It'll be more than enough.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by Chachi
      are the harnesses the same?
      what harness ? and the same as what ?

the Mustang harness is different because the ECM is under passenger side kick panel.
      2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
      89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
      88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

how cheap is cheap for one of those Exploroer cams?
        Nick
        88 Colony Park LS
        G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
        Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

30 bucks?

Comment

Arite i'll let you know once I get a little bit more bodywork and cleaning done. Anyone have an HO ECU, harness and all that stuff to go along with the cam?
            Nick
            88 Colony Park LS
            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
              Arite i'll let you know once I get a little bit more bodywork and cleaning done. Anyone have an HO ECU, harness and all that stuff to go along with the cam?
              you dont need any additional harnesses, the stock harness works. you will need some 19lb injectors, along with the HO ECM, at the minimum. better exhaust, heads and intake will greatly increase the performance potential.
              2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
              89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
              88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

ok good...all the better for my budget lol...I'm thinkin for starters dual exhaust, HO ECM, Exploder cam, and a 65mm TB, and then upgrade the intake and heads later as my budget allows. At least it's a start
                Nick
                88 Colony Park LS

Comment

don't waste your money on a 65mm TB. Just use the stock HO 60mm. It'll work fine and save you a couple bucks. I have the injectors, ECM (86 mustang gt auto), and a stack of almost new upper intakes (w/o egr or TB's)

Comment

ok, thanks for the tip. Not to promise anything, but how much for an ECM, Explorer cam, injectors, and an upper intake? Like I said I'm not going to need it immediately, but some time in the near future maybe we can work something out
                    Nick
                    88 Colony Park LS

Comment

Working...
                    X