Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find the outside door handle gromet ?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find the outside door handle gromet ?.

Where can I find the outside door handle gomet that holds the rod going to the door lock assembly? Here is a pic of the black plastic gromet. Thanks.

George

Dorman 75450 I think has one in it. It's a variety pack. It's not black though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I had the same issue, unfortunately the dorman 75450 doesn't have the exact one you need- i was never able to find it and had to order some repro door handles with it.
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Either of these the right clip?

Auveco 15675: https://www.ebay.com/itm/394318800045
        Auveco 14967: https://www.ebay.com/itm/115651347980

The second, 14967, one says it's for Ford on Auveco's site, but the eBay listing doesn't mention Ford. They both look very similar to me.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Here is a pic of the other side of the grommet. It's oval shaped.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
            I had the same issue, unfortunately the dorman 75450 doesn't have the exact one you need- i was never able to find it and had to order some repro door handles with it.
            Looks like I'll have to do the same thing.

Comment

Ok, not what I thought it was. For some reason I was not able to find a that backside pic in my short searching the other day. Not sure I've ever messed with that grommet.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
              X