anyone know about this grill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know about this grill?

I found this grand marquis for sale and noticed this grill. anyone know whats up with it? its different than mine , same year car. I cant find and other grilles like thisClick image for larger version

Name:	merrc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1303976

It's the ghetto fab faux bently grille. "I know I don't have a bently but let me stick an imitation grille on my car cause dreams!" Looks dumb, decreases value.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Some dealers made a special 50th Anniversary Edition Grand Marquis (for Mercury's 50th anniversary) by sending a normal MGM to an upfitter/coach builder and having them add things to it. Another member on here had one with the grille like that, but they haven't been on here in quite some time.
      I also have a 50th Anniversary Edition '89 MGM that I got back in 2003, but the dealer that mine came from didn't do anything with the grille. In fact they took a pretty plain MGM GS to make their 50th Anniversary Edition.

Mine has manual heater/ac control, no premium sound, power driver seat only, no ditch lights, but had a few 50th Anniversary Edition decals and emblems added along with a half cloth top (no fiber glass shell, it was added over the full size rear windshield) in place of the original vinyl half top. I'm sure they probably chaged more for it than an MGM LS too. LOL

I also know that this same dealer that had mine done did them in bulk. There is a sticker from the company that added the cloth half top on the inside of the trunk lid that says the company name and something about adding the cloth top, but the VIN does not match my VIN.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis

Mine also did not have power antenna, no vent windows, no air suspension, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting. Just a plane jane GS.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Right, the way I see that is, is if it wasn't through the factory, it's just fluff, dress-up.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
          X