Just found this and had to have it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found this and had to have it!

Here is a pic of the 76 mercury meteor I just picked up for 800 bux. Just needed a fuel pump

Just out of the barn

After a bath...the caprice wire wheels were a inside joke, they are off now!

Wow, Clean for an Ontario car. Why cant I find these deals anywhere
    sigpicVic Videos Here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...676#post243676
    Vic's Reader's Rides Page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16917
    Vic's Cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532949
    1975 Chevy C-10 Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3371894

Comment

Dude, those wire wheels look great on there!
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Yeah, those wires look perfect on it! How wide are they? I'd be tempted to just leave 'em on there...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

WOW
          what a steal!
          great job mang!
          sure looks a lot like the Marquis of that year...prolly is basically the same car.

mmm..banana creme yellow.
          :banana:
          Last edited by Mr. Land Yacht; 08-18-2007, 12:57 AM.
          sigpic
          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Pretty good shape!

What's under the hood?
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

yup thats a good looking car, ive seen it in person, did you find a set of skirts for it yet?

Comment

She has the 351M 400cui, and I am still looking for skirts.

Comment

Damn that thing cleans up nice! Congrats on your find man. And yes, those wire wheels do look pretty good on there.
                  Nick
                  88 Colony Park LS
                  G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                  Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I like it a lot. $800? Were any sexual favors involved, lol? Great find at a smoking price, man.

Comment

Which is it, the 351 or the 400? lol
                      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

looks like a marquis with a different grille.....351 or 400?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                          looks like a marquis with a different grille.....351 or 400?
                          It is basically a marquis but has different badges and emblems This car is a "1976 Mercury Meteor Rideau 500" to be exact. I have not yet investigated the engine but the sticker on the valve cover reads 351M-400cui. So I am not exactly sure what it is. If anyone here does please let me know

Comment

You should leave the wire wheels on it, just try to find some Mercury centers for them. Most engines wll have the entire engine family listed on the valve cover sticker such as 289, 302, 351 or 429, 460, but it should also have one of those either hi-lighted or circled to tell you exactly what the motor is.

Comment

just had another look and i was mistaken it is written exactly like this....351M/400 351cui. the engine looks like a big block to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X