Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought another Panther. I think I have an addiction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the other week I was driving home from work when I passed this 1994 Town Car. I saw it was for sale, and only $1,500. I pulled a few strings, and took it home.

With 253,000 miles, this baby runs like new. I got the rims and tires for $250, and after a tune up and straight pipes, I'm kind of stalled for how to mod this one. I want to keep it classy, but also what it to stand out. Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC0P4E1 using Tapatalk

"No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile." -Sir William

2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited- Black on black, ADTR sway bars, 19" Mustang GT rims, Heinous rear control arms, dual exhaust with Flowmaster 10 series mufflers. MHS Stage 2 heads/cams, 80mm MAF, 75mm BBK throttle body, Accufab plenum, Stainless Works long tube headers, Ford Racing 24# injectors. ADTR T56 swap with Hurst shifter. 264HP/298TQ at the rear wheels.

Black Town Cars always look great. Those rims actually look good on it too.

Originally posted by HotRodLincoln View Post
    It's a slippery slope.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I'm kind of stalled for how to mod this one. I want to keep it classy, but also what it to stand out. Any ideas?
      What kind of mods? Performance? Style? Handling? Big rims? Stereo? Lift kit? lol

From the engine aspect, if it was a -92, I'd say go pushrod 5.0/5.8. But it's not.
      You can do a 2v PI swap. or go for broek and do a 4V 4.6L swap. There's plently of Lincoln Mark VIII's out there. I'd swap the drivetrain.
      If it were me:
      - 4.6 from a Mark VIII
      - 4v heads from a Navigator
      - Rock and roll. Should be good for some decent power.
      OR:
      use the above combo and include
      - 03-04 cobra lower intake manifold
      - 03-04 Cobra Eaton M112
      - Supercharged rock and roll.

the 2v PI swap is the easiest so far.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Looks good! Abd besides the basics which you've seen to have covered so I agree with SVT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice car. And yes, its like ice skating up hill. Needs wheel lip mouldings!

I'm on the fence about lower chrome trim for my '97

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Tint it and lower it a bit.
            These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

I forgot to add that I have also replaced the air suspension with the Moog CC865 coils, and replaced the sway bars with P71 units.

If anyone is wondering, the rims are 15x8 with -19mm backspacing, and I have had no clearance issues with the 235x60 front and 275x60 rear tires.

"No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile." -Sir William

2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited- Black on black, ADTR sway bars, 19" Mustang GT rims, Heinous rear control arms, dual exhaust with Flowmaster 10 series mufflers. MHS Stage 2 heads/cams, 80mm MAF, 75mm BBK throttle body, Accufab plenum, Stainless Works long tube headers, Ford Racing 24# injectors. ADTR T56 swap with Hurst shifter. 264HP/298TQ at the rear wheels.

Comment

Nice score! What's the status of your box TC?
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Very nice! I never liked those wheels but they look really good on there.

'93 T-bird
                  '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                  '88 Mark VII
                  '86 CV

Comment

My box TC was hit by a drunk driver a few years ago, I had to sell it because the guy had no insurance and I had medical bills piling up.

Comment

The guy had no insurance...
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                      X