Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richmond, VA Meet (March 3rd, VA Motorsport Park)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm debating it, I really need to getthe hub bearign replaced on the car before I do anymore driving with it. It'd be nice to run the car though.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
      not till 8pm...
      Dang mang, that's rough.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

that sucks pete

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Hmm, so my kids are gonna be gone, so they aren't an issue. BUT, I don't get out of work until 11pm friday. I'd be better off crashing at work or heading down friday night. Also depends on if I actually have to work friday...But I need the OT..so I'll prolly work and crash there.

Comment

so what are the official plans for Saturday are we still gonna go to the yards or not just want to make sure what is set for Saturday looks like I can make it

Comment

I'm going to the junkyard for sure. I needs to find me some parts. I'm bringing two loaded tool boxes, two Craftsman tool sets, and a couple other things like a steering wheel puller and trim remover.

I'd really like to find an HO cam, a steering wheel for my '82, another set of the chrome trim around the back window on slicktops and '88-'91's, a dashpad, a tan door panel, a digital CV radio trim with the older large opening, and maybe an oil cooler (although I'll probably never install it). The chances are slim, but a nice '82 grille would be nice, as would the proper MCU for my car, the barometer for EEC-II that I am missing (only on high-altitude cars), and the high altitude Duraspark box since they don't make them.

For the Ranger, a factory fog light setup and five-triangle chrome factory 15X7 wheels.

Heck, if I find a nice Bronco tailgate I might be hauling it home. A set of D-Hole wheels for my Ma's T-Bird would also be good.

Wow, how am I gonna fit all that in the box? Good thing it had the most trunk area in its class. Maybe I should pop the back seat out for more room. I NEED A WAGON!

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

I might skip out...didn't realize the winter weather we are supposed to get out here. Gonna keep me from getting to Scott's again....Dammit

Comment

Heck the Weather Channel is calling for 69 degrees there Friday, 62 Saturday. I'll be sweating!

Right now they are calling for a "Few Showers" Saturday. "Showers" seem to be the forecast for most of VA on Friday, but clearing or cleared out by Saturday. But it's still a week way, they don't know what is going to happen.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

hey tiggie wheres the junk yard is it close to Petersburg I might go with you

Comment

I'm not sure where it is, but race in the morning, yard in the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie
                        Heck the Weather Channel is calling for 69 degrees there Friday, 62 Saturday. I'll be sweating!

Right now they are calling for a "Few Showers" Saturday. "Showers" seem to be the forecast for most of VA on Friday, but clearing or cleared out by Saturday. But it's still a week way, they don't know what is going to happen.
                        Should be nice, but today it's supposed to be freezing rain and snow.

And we skipped the rain and it's snowing fairly well...Just started.

Comment

Oh come on! You can make it! I need to get some tail pipes on before I go. I'd really rather not have my car this loud the whole drive up there.

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90
                            hey tiggie wheres the junk yard is it close to Petersburg I might go with you
                            I've never been there before, but Mapquest puts it about 40 minutes away from the track on the outskirts of Richmond.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

a link to Chesterfield auto parts has been added to the first post in this thread - they have directions to it from different areas. This is definitly a decent sized yard, you could spend all day or many days there if you have a big list.
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Johnnie.. Bad wheel bearing!!! I have to get it fixed before autocrossing on the 24-25th. Also need to get the shocks and put them on, swap the trans pan, replace the quick connects, find and fix the PS leak....

don't want it loud? From the kid that had cutouts? LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X