Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southernfest - Early 09 - GMGT's USA Homecoming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fact, Maxwell has the largest billeting operation in the Air Force IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
      In fact, Maxwell has the largest billeting operation in the Air Force IIRC.
      Good call. Figured, with the Air University being there and all.
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
        Alright.... WTF is up with this "Carolina Barbecue"? The Miss America contestant saw reason to mention it in her introduction. It wasn't as silly as Miss Wisconsin mentioning cheese heads though.... I spent time in North Carolina and Texas, and Texas was the only place I remember seeing a row of restaurants advertising their "barbecue". It seemed like I couldn't drive a whole block in Dallas without seing a sign for barbecue. Pork and/or beef slow cooked with barbecue sauce is not unique to either state. The best barbecued food I have had so far was in St Louis MO. There were restaurants with barbecued ribs (pork and beef), chicken, and other beef and pork cuts. The sauce was smoothe and was plenty spicy. It does seem like the sauce tastes a little different as you travel around the country.
        That being said, you bringing some to share does sound good and I am always up for eating barbecued just about anything...
        Carolina BBQ has a vinegar ased sauce. It's doesn't change the look of the meat like other sauces. To be honest, I'm not really a fan of Carolina BBQ.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I love carolina BBQ myself, but I like vinegar. I put it on my subs, and I like hot peppers, mostly because of the vinegar. Most other bbq sauce is tomato based, and kind of a brown/red color. Carolina bbq is more clear/tan color and very thin.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yep - the BBQ places around here have vinegar sauces... still greasy and mouth watering though.
            Lotta pulled pork BBQ places, they definitly are not a tomatoey mess like a manwich.
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I used lots a brown suger.....ANd hot peppers, Tiny bit of vinegar and other "stuff" and I use an open fire or if I have to..Coal,Both preferably
              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

omg beef is coming my way....OOOH curry style bbq....I gotta try that.

Comment

theres texas bbq, st louis bbq, nc bbq, tn bbq, sweet baby rays style bbq......they are all excellent......mostly in the northern part of the south you find nc style bbq and sweet baby rays bbq

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Pork and bbq and a beer go together like heaven and angels

Comment

i'll export the lager......dont think you can get it there and if you could it's tampa swamp water lager i want sulphur water in my beer!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

wow... it is only 2 hours closer than SF for me.
                        Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

.... You know ide be there.. preety much right down the road for me ) :P

Question, does the AF have them road block thingys like the army has when you try to enter base and such? hehe. They might think it's a biiiit odd to have a ton of panthers pulling in/out of base at the same time hehehe
                          Last edited by DarkKnight; 01-28-2008, 05:36 PM.
                          People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Honestly, I prefer Texas and Memphis style BBQ, but you gotta try them all at least once. The Carolina stuff is good in it's own way.

I never have made it Alabama, but I've always wanted a reason to go. Yay!!! Now I have a reason!
                            Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                            Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by darkknight View Post
                              .... You know ide be there.. preety much right down the road for me ) :P

Question, does the AF have them road block thingys like the army has when you try to enter base and such? hehe. They might think it's a biiiit odd to have a ton of panthers pulling in/out of base at the same time hehehe
                              Yes, they have em.

But, we won't be on base. We will be at my house! (when I get one)
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by darkknight View Post
                                .... You know ide be there.. pretty much right down the road for me ) :P

OMG! Ruuuun! its the invasion if the really old people!

Comment

Working...
                                X