Mass/Ct area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FastGallopingPonies View Post
    Nate: never had anything major on this Engine off, other then the Exhaust manifolds I took off.

Nick: My car has no Cruise, the story I was telling you guys about was in my old '91 Vic. I have a lead on a DA1 Mustang computer which from my understanding if fine. it's from a '88, manual car which is better I guess for the throttle response and such.

Once I get everything I possibly need, maybe you can get in touch with your friend Nate and we can get this thing banged out, I'd be Much-O grateful.
    Well, I'm back on good terms with my Dad, and I will be talking to my friend tomorrow night. I'm sure he'll be fine with it, but we may need to make some arrangements as far as the other stuff he keeps int he shop. It shouldn't be a big deal though. I will let you know.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Ok man thanks, I'll let you know when I get all the stuff together.
      Resident diesel addict

Comment

Damn, I hope you guys can schedule this on a weekend I'm free... I'm sick of these "membership" obligations at the gun club... waste of god damn time

Comment

OK. I spoke with my friend today, and I wrenched on his car all day. I was responsible for the car running at the end of the day, so he owes me. Anyway, I asked him about using the shop, and he said he would be more than happy to let us use it.

So, Dave, let me know when you have the parts together, and when you have a free weekend (or whatever). Let me know a little in advance if you can, and we will be good to go on this.

Since he has an assload of cars, we may have to leave the car out if it takes more than a day (which is likely). Or, we could try and stuff it in my Dad's shop too. Either way, we can figure it out. But, you are more than welcome to use his shop and tools, as well as my Dad shop and tools. Let me know...
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Cool, this is great man. Let me scrounge around and find the parts and I'll be in touch with you.
            Resident diesel addict

Comment

Hey, I've been thinking and after the long rides down the highway today. I need to do my suspension up. rather then the HO swap for now, would you guys be down with helping me install new springs and shocks all around? I know the rear is easy but the front has me concerned, plus space to do it is an issue for me.
              Resident diesel addict

Comment

I have limited knowledge about the front suspension... but I'd be happy to help. My Dad has done that stuff on my car, the balljoints and stuff, so he would be able to brief me on it. But, CSJ also just did it, so that'd be good too. I have no preference; HO conversion or suspension stuff. Both are interesting to me, and I may also try and swap out my front springs as well.

Comment

Sounds good to me, gotta by the higher rate and shorter springs and stuff first. Use my car as a test mule then go at yours, or do 'em at the same time, I don't forsee it taking a ton of time with a few guys doin' it.
                  Resident diesel addict

Comment

Front springs on those cars are scary as shit to do, but I'd be glad to help and provide what guidance I can. I've got a spring compressor too in case you need it. Rears take like 20 minutes total to do. If only every job was like that.

The first time I did a front spring on my Town Car, it took me the better part of a weekend, taking my time and starting Saturday. The other side, with a second pair of hands and working nonstop, we managed to get done in about 4 hours total. A lot of that was spent standing around and trying to figure out how to do this stuff without killing ourselves, since the spring was in such a scary position and you can imagine how much built-up force they have when they're compressed.

I'm sure my third/fourth/fifth/sixth time around (if we did both of yours, Dave and Nate) we could gradually probably bump it down to an hour or two, especially with three pairs of pretty knowledgable hands.

Let me know when you guys wanna do something. Next weekend (4th of July weekend) I have NOTHING planned so far. I also have all the week after that off from school, so I can do something after work on a weekday and stay out relatively late since I won't have to wake up at 5:30 AM for school.

I also talked to a co-worker who works at Mark's Cruise Night, and he says most likely Monday'll be cancelled thanks to the weather.

Comment

Nate you going to the summer nationals still? What day you going? I'mthinking about heading over this year. Nick are you gonna be going?
                      Resident diesel addict

Comment

Originally posted by FastGallopingPonies View Post
                        Nate you going to the summer nationals still? What day you going? I'mthinking about heading over this year. Nick are you gonna be going?
                        Dave, I am going, provided the weather is okay...

I will be leaving early on Saturday, and running up to register the car for the show. If its too shitty on sat, then I'll go Sunday.

PM me if you are interested...

Comment

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year. I'm on the verge of hopefully finishing this tranny swap in my truck.

We definitely need to hang out though. I have this week off from school.. though not from work, sadly.

Comment

Working...
                          X