No announcement yet.

Michigan Meet Fall 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's this coming Saturday ... that I ought to be able to make.

Just so you know, that particular location is directly across the street from Michigan State University and is all but guaranteed to be overrun with college brats at all times .... things only get worse if there happens to be a home football game (granted, it's easy to check on that) .... also, that location isn't particularly car-friendly. (Remember my story about driving into a paid parking lot via a sidewalk because there was no-stinking-where to park? That was like two blocks away!)

A little place called Delhi Cafe is good if you're up for a cheapish, quiet, and casual local diner ... 4625 Willoughby, Holt, MI 48842, about 1.5 miles from my house ... then there's a TGI Friday's and also a Bennigan's near I-96 and Saginaw up on the west side of town if you prefer a little fancier with good beer on tap for those riding shotgun. Or maybe better still, there's a very good Mexican place called Los Tres Amigos on Cedar Street just south of I-96 that might be an excellent place to meet ... easy for the out-of-towners to get to, and also easy to pop over and see my mudpuddle of a garage if you want.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
      So are we gonna have this meet on a Saturday in Grand Rapids?
      it's a hike for me...140mi-2 1/2hrs.
      but I have never been to Grand Rapids so I would be up for it...I would rather do the meet somewhere closer..like Buffalo Wild Wings in Lansing..
      360 Albert Avenue
      East Lansing, MI 48823

Anyone up for BWW in Lansing Oct 11th, Saturday?
      Problem with Lansing is it's over a hundred miles for me...I completely understand you not wanting to drive all the way to Grand Rapids, but you also need to realize that I don't really want to drive all the way to East Lansing if I can avoid it. Somewhere more centrally located would be nice.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

If I want to go to MI, USA, that will take me to drive 3 hrs to Detroit and then add another something like 1 hours...very long drive for me..
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
          Problem with Lansing is it's over a hundred miles for me...I completely understand you not wanting to drive all the way to Grand Rapids, but you also need to realize that I don't really want to drive all the way to East Lansing if I can avoid it. Somewhere more centrally located would be nice.
          Well, you and Greg and I can always have a separate meet in Grand Rapids-ish. A meet in the Greater Lansing area wouldn't exactly exhaust my annual driving-on-a-whim-to-meet-up-with-other-car-loonies mileage. :p

Although, I do strongly pull for Los Tres Amigos as a tasty, cost-effective, and car-friendly location in this area. Mappy:

Comment

Grand Rapids would be pretty ideal for me, though I realize for others it's a bit more of a hike. The Los Tres Amigos place is 126 miles from me. Darn me being on the wrong side of the state...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Yeah, methinks we'll stay in touch with Gregmang about an alternative location for those wanting to stay further west. The 45-60 minutes it takes me to get to Grand Rapids isn't at all bad compared to your 2 hours to get here or even my 90-plus minutes to D-town.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                Yeah, methinks we'll stay in touch with Gregmang about an alternative location for those wanting to stay further west. The 45-60 minutes it takes me to get to Grand Rapids isn't at all bad compared to your 2 hours to get here or even my 90-plus minutes to D-town.
                I no longer have a good highway projectile, so my drive times have jumped considerably as well. I will be in Detroit in January, so who knows?

Comment

I don't remember now if you'd mentioned that ... or wait, that must've been for the International Auto Show. Good time, perhaps, to all meet up with Colin and the gang?

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
                    And you need to realized that Lansing ain't a spitting distance from here either, tis some good 80-90 miles from Auburn Hills (where Colin lives), so I think tis as central-MI as it will get.

Comment

70 miles from Colin's house in Bloomfield Hills to my house in Holt - just about exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                        I don't remember now if you'd mentioned that ... or wait, that must've been for the International Auto Show. Good time, perhaps, to all meet up with Colin and the gang?
                        I was talking to greg last night he plans to be in detroit for the auto show so hopefully I will be able to meet up with him one of those days. It seems like this thread is more of a winter meet now? lol if so I should start planning
                        I can see why regis likes to plan meets it's addicting plus I enjoy doing it.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I was talking to him about that too ... remind me of the date of the show? I'm thinking I'll have to see if I can come along.

Comment

Hey Mike, I'm in Jackson again - got a voice mail last night that my friend needs my truck this weekend so I pushed on finoshing the Jeep and drove over, just to find out he needs my truck for moving stuff from Detroit to Jackson on Sunday - oh well, I'm here now, might as well mess with the truck some, lol

Comment

Part of the reason I mentioned the resturant I did is because if you take many of the back roads not highway it can be a very senic trip. Trees up there are mostlikely becoming quite colorful. A plus at this time is gas prices have fallen. I would make the trip if was planing to be in Detroit but currently no big reason to be there.
                              Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks View Post
                                Hey Mike, I'm in Jackson again - got a voice mail last night that my friend needs my truck this weekend so I pushed on finoshing the Jeep and drove over, just to find out he needs my truck for moving stuff from Detroit to Jackson on Sunday - oh well, I'm here now, might as well mess with the truck some, lol
                                Fun. You should give me a holler if you still have my number. If not, I'll PM it to you. I really thought I had yours, but I can't seem to find it.

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
                                Part of the reason I mentioned the restaurant I did is because if you take many of the back roads not highway it can be a very scenic trip. Trees up there are most likely becoming quite colorful. A plus at this time is gas prices have fallen. I would make the trip if was planing to be in Detroit but currently no big reason to be there.
                                Ah, yes, I hadn't thought of that. The location sounds like it'd be rather worth checking out one of these days. Definitely far better than fighting with traffic and parking in downtown East Lansing!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X