ScottFest 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    Sounds way too expensive. Penny ante might get more traction, but then we'd also need to know how to play cards. Most advanced card games I can handle are Uno or I might be able to remember how to play rummy. Crazy eights also works, but thats basically just Uno with a standard deck.
    You only pay $5 for a stack of chips, and that's the most you could lose unless you lose all your chips within the first hour and decide to buy another stack. When there are only three people left who have chips, you rank them by who has the most chips. I haven't remembered how to play crazy eights since I was a kid, never learned enough rummy to actually play, and have no idea how to play uno, but I picked up Texas hold'em easy enough. The only reason I started was that the folks around my father's cottage play every Saturday over the summer. I only go up on holiday weekends when there are a lot of people, and I've had fairly decent luck. I was figuring at least this year you folks would have the benefit of a real Texan.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Anyone have specific record requests while I'm packing stuff? I have room for a few more, or I can swap some stuff out. Without fail I'll get there and think "why did I bring this instead of that?". I've got the Focus album, and my Zappa collection. Most of the rest is negotiable. Y'all are going to have to put up with some old timey country music and some swing music though.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

johnny cash, hank, hank jr, willie, waylon, just no pop country

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

If you have any vinyl of that guy. You know that guy. with the cheesy covers of popular songs. That guy... Richard Cheese I think it was or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
            If you have any vinyl of that guy. You know that guy. with the cheesy covers of popular songs. That guy... Richard Cheese I think it was or something like that?
            Weird Al Yankovic?

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
            mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Pop country sucks!
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by gmgt View Post
                pop country sucks!
                Deez Nutz!!!!!!
                Last edited by sploer4.0; 08-05-2015, 01:42 AM. Reason: spelling
                Originally posted by GMGT
                you mangwhore

resident sniper expert

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  Anyone have specific record requests while I'm packing stuff? I have room for a few more, or I can swap some stuff out. Without fail I'll get there and think "why did I bring this instead of that?". I've got the Focus album, and my Zappa collection. Most of the rest is negotiable. Y'all are going to have to put up with some old timey country music and some swing music though.
                  I'm fine with the old-time country and swing. That's right up my alley.

sigpic
                  - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Hey guys, since I will be dropping my LTC with Scott to get stuff done on it, is there anybody going in the direction of New Jersey (central-Trenton, Hamilton) that would mind dropping me off. Doesn't even have to be in that area, but nearby.

Sure would appreciate it, and will pay you in pork roll
                    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
                    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
                    -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Pop is pop (poop) no matter the genre.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Balls. I'm behind on finances with the build.... And I need to work the week of SF2015 anyway. Next year mangs!
                        '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                        '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                        '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

I have not a great lot of country, but there is some Cash on the ipod, and I'm bringing Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Will The Circle Be Unbroken. Its a collaboration between the band and various classic country stars. It was done in the 1970s with stars from before the time when pop country even existed. One of the ladies featured is Johnny Cash's mother in law, Mother Maybelle Carter. There is some bluegrass on the ipod as well.

The swing is 1930s-40s stuff, original recordings.

Richard Cheese is on the ipod.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i'm soaking beans for bbq lima beans and 4 bean chili

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Damn, I coulda brought some of my classic country on vinyl.

Adam and I are enjoying it up here in Northern PA. There are plenty of cigars to be smoked at SF!
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Shall I bring some Carolina reapers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                2000 Grand Marquis LS
                                2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
                                1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
                                1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
                                Mercury Owners Group member
                                Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Working...
                                X