ScottFest 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    maybe if the planets align I'll give John a run for his money on the dyno. I got what I believe to be my delivery notice for the intake. Once I have that, i can order some gaskets and such, and then step 1 for cam swap will be complete.
    Let me know when its in and if you need any help with it! I like getting projects going!

Comment

well, the intake is in. Have to dig the cam out and see if it got rusty. Then to order gaskets. I can actually see the box the cam is in from here, but its soooooo far away. It would also require I get off my fat ass and fetch it.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
        Vacation days are in so I will be there, my Town Car will not be going on any dynos or down any dragstrips. I have bad luck something will break and leave me stuck 400 miles from home.
        but... but... ADVENTURE!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Vacation days are in so I will be there, my Town Car will not be going on any dynos or down any dragstrips. I have bad luck something will break and leave me stuck 400 miles from home.
          Something tells me the place where this event happens can probably handle most any repairs your TownCar may need... Just sayin'
          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

and with all the guys there... it gets done in half the time.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
              and with all the guys there... it gets done in half the time.
              I do recall a certain valve seal incident at SF 2011, with a certain '93 vic. I don't imagine I could have much worse luck than that.
              2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

I do recall a certain valve seal incident at SF 2011, with a certain '93 vic. I don't imagine I could have much worse luck than that.
                Something has to happen at this point or it just wouldn't be Scottfest...

sigpic
                - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

That car did eventually leave under it's own power and make it back to Texas though. Its still working too.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working well I might add. And it may show up again this year to show up everything less than a Marauder at the strip.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      Working well I might add. And it may show up again this year to show up everything less than a Marauder at the strip.
                      Walking tall down in Texas.....
                      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                      Past Panthers
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Its OK. I'll have the wiring harness back on my car by then, so I can tow it home from the track if it blows up

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                          Something has to happen at this point or it just wouldn't be Scottfest...
                          ^^^ This coming from the guy who almost overheated his Panther into oblivion last year... Yup, he may be onto something there
                          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

I don't recall Scott overheating?

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                            The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                            It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Bet he remembers it very vividly tho

Comment

Originally posted by nightlight View Post
                                Something tells me the place where this event happens can probably handle most any repairs your TownCar may need... Just sayin'
                                So, ghost of GMN past...

Who were you then?
                                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                                X