Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N A
    What, please explain yourself?
    The car still has alot of issues to sort out before I stress it out by doing dyno or track runs. The car isn't even inspectable yet. :nonono: So if I can go, unless a miracle happens I'll have either the Rodeo or the Century.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

So it looks like it's only three of us. :nonono: No one replied to the same post I made on CVN and that's so disappointing. Maybe some of them will just show up. After we run our cars and know what they run, we might have to call some of these other guys out because they're all talk.

83tc: I'm glad you're going to attend.

Evil LTD: I'm glad you're going to attend. Which car is faster, the Rodeo or the Century?

We're running our cars at New England Dragway and any and every GMN member is welcome to attend!!!

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
      5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

I'm gonna try to be there. I'm just going this time around to meet some new people. I probably won't do any runs. But for comparisons sake...

Isuzu Rodeo LS
        3.2 V6
        205hp @ 5400rpm
        214lb @ 3000rpm
        4.10 RAR
        3,895lbs curb weight

Buick Century wagon
        3.1 FWD V6
        160hp @ 5200rpm
        185lb @ 4000rpm
        2949lbs curb weight

1991 Ford Crown Victoria S
        5.0 V8
        150hp
        270lb
        3.08 RAR
        3950lbs curb weight

I won't run the Century because it's my fathers commuter car. I won't run the Rodeo because it's way out of tune and I don't have the money right now to do a tuneup.

Comment

Looking at the numbers I researched both the Vic and the Rodeo would blow the Century out of the water. The only advantage the Century has is a lighter curb weight and 10hp more than the Vic. The Century is FWD though, so it won't have as much traction as the Rodeo or the Vic. I wish I could find at what rpms the Vic makes its horsepower and torque. I found 'em for the other two.

Comment

come on, run the wagon, the looks youll get will be worth anything that may break
            jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

I can't afford to fix anything on it. My dad had to replace the tps to the tune of $85 a couple weeks ago. Shit for that motor is exspensive.

Comment

When's the Crown Vic going to be done?

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Wait, you still have the Rodeo?
                  '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                  '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Is it still only the three of us?

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Don't plan on me making it.

I can't get time off from the new job for that day.

Comment

We should probably reschedule the meet. I got a (Rejection) R sticker today for the emergency brake. It works, but the guy was a dick. I said it wasn't holding. I'm going back tomorrow with my mechanic.

I don't know if NED will let me run with a "Rejection" sticker. I got to pass the MA State inspection so I can run the car at the track.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

so go somewhere else or crank the adjustment tighter bro so it holds tighter
                          jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

I'm still in bitches

You fucked up, your supposed to put an extra $20 under the reg when you go for teh sticker
                            2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
                            2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

That tip could have helped me out about 27 hours ago. I went back today after my mechanic called them and still nothing. They're being very cautious because the State brought a car by that would never pass and offered them money last weekend.

Anyone know where I can find a "working" parking brake pedal? The racheting mechanism must be worn or something. I live on a hill and no one uses their parking brake.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

just go to another inspection station

Comment

Working...
                                X