No announcement yet.

massachusetts meet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They scan the door sticker and the Rejection sticker into a computer. Other than loosing my $29, would the next shop have my Rejection info?

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
    5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Yep. They'll also have $29 more of your money...

Comment

I'm looking for another parking brake pedal. I need one before the 5th.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

depends, if they check the ebrake again and it holds the car then itll be fine
          usually you drive your own car in so you can rig it to pass, used to have blinkers on toggle switches and shit like that, reverse lights on a switch, as long as it works they dont care how
          jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

The parking brake holds the car. The pedal doesn't stay down when you apply the brake, but it holds the car. They're telling me it's "broken" and I disagree. To release the parking brake, you just push it in and it disengages the brake. No problems in my book, it works. Any ideas how I can pass the test and get a sticker? I was just going to go to another station, but I might run into more gas station morons that can't speak English.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

It doesn't stay down, that's why it's broke. How's it supposed to hold the car if it won't stay down?
              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

I push it in. The pedal comes back up, but the car doesn't move. If I push it back in, it releases the parking brake.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Oh I see. It shouldn't come back up tho...so it is kinda broken..lol.
                  '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Grey has the same issue.

But I've yet to get it inspected either.
                    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMan
                      Oh I see. It shouldn't come back up tho...so it is kinda broken..lol.
                      No way to win the arguement with the station, right? I feel the brake does it's job and I should pass the inspection test. A couple of guys here have a parking brake pedal for sale. I'll buy one and try to install it before the meet.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

I dunno man, I agree with you. I see no reason to fail it, other than the fact that the pedal isn't functioning correctly and could fail in the future.

Try somewhere else or a couple places, explain the situation to them and see what they say. Don't just go in and have them do the inspection.
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

I agree with what you're saying. I want to run my car at the track on the 5th, but I know if I have a big R (Rejected) on my sticker, I won't pass tech at the track.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

I see lots of boxes in the local junkyards. They would charge you $15 for it and you should get a few other small items as they will still charge you $15 either way.

I just got my new set of COP's in and it runs great finally. I'm joining the fucking 15 sec club fo sho!! Not too many 4500# race weight panthers in the 15's with 2.73 open rears!!
                            2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
                            2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

Boxman or Central50 will hook a brotha up. If I don't make it, there will be other meets.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

rip out the spring that spits the pedal up, and poof, it will stay down, thats what i did with mine, passes fine
                                jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Working...
                                X