ScottFest 2012 Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    Always go for the most reliable car. Lincoln seats are more comfortable anyway.
    This problem can be solved with a few bolts and switch.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      This problem can be solved with a few bolts and switch.
      i actually prefer cloth over leather for comfort......not to mention that the 4dr seats out of the lincoln would present a problem in the 2dr ltd accessing the rear passenger area...that being said...eventually the ltd will be getting "proper" bucket seats...(id LOVE to find some nice buckets out of a 70s granada.....comfy,sporty..but still "true" bucket seats)

Comment

Originally posted by t65neon5 View Post
        i actually prefer cloth over leather for comfort......not to mention that the 4dr seats out of the lincoln would present a problem in the 2dr ltd accessing the rear passenger area...that being said...eventually the ltd will be getting "proper" bucket seats...(id LOVE to find some nice buckets out of a 70s granada.....comfy,sporty..but still "true" bucket seats)
        That problem can also be solved with some creativity. And btw, there are Velour Towny seats...

Comment

leather sucks. I have no comprehension why it is hailed as the ultimate in seating surface material. Velour Lincoln seats are way more better. If yours happens to take grey seats, I've got a nice set of grey Signature velour seats I'll give you if you promise to take them away. I'm tired of them being in my way.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

leather sucks. I have no comprehension why it is hailed as the ultimate in seating surface material. Velour Lincoln seats are way more better. If yours happens to take grey seats, I've got a nice set of grey Signature velour seats I'll give you if you promise to take them away. I'm tired of them being in my way.
            Leather burns my ass cheeks...

Comment

Originally posted by 86vickylx View Post
              leather burns my ass cheeks...
              i.....just.......cant..............stop.........la ughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

brown...but the whole interior need redone......and i like cloth/velour.....the town car is my DD......im just tryin to keep it as clean and serviceable as possible.....no real plans on major work for it in the near future......too many "little" things need attention,and with the 2dr ltd takin up most of my available "project" cash,the interior will just have to suffer till later......however,thank you for the offer on the seats,doest say where u are at,if it was fairly close,i could swing by and take em off your hands however

Comment

I can bring them to Scottfest if you're coming. I'm in NJ, so pickup otherwise will be impractical.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thax for the offer...i should be there barring anything unfortunate....but im not sure they would fit in the car(and im not even sure which car im taking yet)

Comment

Originally posted by t65neon5 View Post
                      thax for the offer...i should be there barring anything unfortunate....but im not sure they would fit in the car(and im not even sure which car im taking yet)
                      For what it's worth, I have a set of front cushy grand marquis seats that are brown velour (just the cushions though) that I have no use for, that you can have if you want...I've got nothing into them and you don't seem too far away.
                      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Approximately 5 weeks out!! I'm stoked!
                        I'm ready to race the Tank. I'll just have to remember to put 3 quarts of oil in before I race.

-ryan s.
                        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                        Originally posted by pantera77
                        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Wow, blast from the past!!! My mom had a Granada from 1975 new till 1988. That 302 was old reliable. I was in kinder. when we got it and she sold it after I graduated. It had some hot as hell vinyl blue bucket seats. We didn't have a garage then and shorts were SHORT in the late 70s. I got the back of my legs fried more then once!!
                          sigpic
                          89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
                          13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                          "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnlarry View Post
                            Wow, blast from the past!!! My mom had a Granada from 1975 new till 1988. That 302 was old reliable. I was in kinder. when we got it and she sold it after I graduated. It had some hot as hell vinyl blue bucket seats. We didn't have a garage then and shorts were SHORT in the late 70s. I got the back of my legs fried more then once!!
                            Had a 1977 Granada that was GREAT! 145K or so when I had to get rid of it - too much North East snow/ice/salt/sand. Still had the OEM Ignition wires and the A/C and Heat were never serviced. My old GF had a '75 (Black and Red Int) which is how I got started on those cars. My '87 GM is really like a blown up version of the '77....Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Looking forward to this, probably won't be in till Sat though

I'll race, if anyone knows an old lady using a walker

Pete
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

One month to go!!!
                                It's closing in fast! And ScottFest will be here before we know it! Looking forward to some good times!

-ryan s.
                                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                                Originally posted by pantera77
                                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
                                X