No announcement yet.

ScottFest 2012 Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If people will be bringing guns, if Scott approves, we should make and stick to some pretty strict 'all weapons and ammo must be in locking cases with trigger locks at all times' policy, seeing how we sometimes have youngsters without the greatest judgment in attendance.
    I love guns and would be glad to help burn up some ammo
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
      If people will be bringing guns, if Scott approves, we should make and stick to some pretty strict 'all weapons and ammo must be in locking cases with trigger locks at all times' policy, seeing how we sometimes have youngsters without the greatest judgment in attendance.
      I love guns and would be glad to help burn up some ammo
      I agree with this as I always transport everything in a locked case.
      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Numerous people conceal carried last year and it wasn't an issue.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
          I agree with this as I always transport everything in a locked case.
          I don't. The only time I lock my case is when I travel on a plane.
          Let's take this discussion temporarily to the Mod forum... http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...428#post655428
          Last edited by Mercracer; 02-18-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Ahh. I'll bring some wings down.
            We're going to have to make a "Food to Bring" and "Parts for Sale" thread. I mean, In like 4 months when we get closer. There's no need for it now.
            And I would still like to bring both cars. The Tank should look different in the coming months, and I would like to race some Boxes in the Tank!!

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
              I don't. The only time I lock my case is when I travel on a plane.
              Let's take this discussion temporarily to the Mod forum... http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...428#post655428
              It doenst really matter to me one way or the other I just do what I do because its the way I was taught to do things. As for people bringing guns it doesnt really matter to me what the verdict is if its no then thats fine thats less money I spend on ammo.
              2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

Comment

I don't want any bullet holes in my car or my person.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  I don't want any bullet holes in my car or my person.
                  There is a difference between fixing an actual historical problem and looking for a solution to a non-existent problem.
                  phobia [ˈfəʊbɪə] an abnormal intense and irrational fear of a given situation, organism, or object

Comment

In the end it's all Scott's call as to whether shooting on his property is allowed or not. Needless to say, my firearms, my freedom, and my life are all valuable to me, and who gets to handle my firearms, loaded or not, is going to be a very strict decision on my part. Needless to say, there are only a few people who would be allowed to handle my firearms - based upon how well I know you, how well I perceive your judgement and common sense to be, and how experienced you are with gun and gun safety. When not in my direct supervision, my firearms would stay locked away to prevent misuse and/or mishandling - those who choose to drink will be barred from firearms until they are sober.

Though again, it's Scott's call and what he says will have to be followed by everyone looking to bring toys along. I am ignorant on PA laws regarding discharging firearms on private property, and since discharging a gun is a relatively noisy affair, if it's not completely within the law then it is a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                      In the end it's all Scott's call......
                      Obviously, this is fact....

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                        In the end it's all Scott's call as to whether shooting on his property is allowed or not. Needless to say, my firearms, my freedom, and my life are all valuable to me, and who gets to handle my firearms, loaded or not, is going to be a very strict decision on my part. Needless to say, there are only a few people who would be allowed to handle my firearms - based upon how well I know you, how well I perceive your judgement and common sense to be, and how experienced you are with gun and gun safety. When not in my direct supervision, my firearms would stay locked away to prevent misuse and/or mishandling - those who choose to drink will be barred from firearms until they are sober.

Though again, it's Scott's call and what he says will have to be followed by everyone looking to bring toys along. I am ignorant on PA laws regarding discharging firearms on private property, and since discharging a gun is a relatively noisy affair, if it's not completely within the law then it is a bad idea.
                        I agree and i also am completely ignorant of PA laws though I highly doubt they are as lax and nearly non-existant as ohios laws. In ohio as long as your outside of the city limits you can make all the noise you want as early as you want or as late as you want provided your on your own property thats pretty lenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                          Obviously, this is fact....
                          To you and I and most others it goes without saying, but I felt it ought to be stated just to ensure everyone understood that fact. We have had issues with people not understanding this in the past.

Comment

I don't know why it's even a topic. As Tom said several peoPle had there cc firearm on them and we had no problems.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                            Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
                              I don't know why it's even a topic. ...
                              Me either. I do not see the issue. I am simply addressing the proposed extreme restrictions.

Comment

We need a Honda to shoot!

Comment

Working...
                                X