Panther Tips Book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nathan in MN
    Good idea, Tiggie. We just need someone to do some more writeups. We don't seem to have a big brake swap writeup, or a steering gear upgrade writeup, or...do we have an HO swap writeup? I know we've got info on it, but has there ever been a step-by-step type thing? That's really what I've got in mind.
    Trust me, that's a hell of a lot of work. I've been at it for over a year on CVU.

Comment

what ever happen to this? i want that book!
      sigpic
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2681604 --- http://www.supermotors.net/17596

Comment

The tech section is fine - the archives are organized and easily searchable... I make a good tech thread for anything I do... the hard part is getting these other gurus to make thier tech threads and getting the mods and admins to flag good tech thread to go into the archives...
        We have great threads with parts lists and general how-to's, but yes most of them have omitted the step-by-step parts that the noobies need, granted most of it can be found in repair manuals becuase most of it is just replacing parts.

ANYONE is welcome to start pulling tech info and pictures out of the archives to put together in an organized manner... it will need to be editied for tech accuracy and proofread before being implemented, but any sort of a start will help.
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

and give away all my secrects?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I'd totally buy the book.

Comment

hmm 1000 dollars a book?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

sure, i'll sell my panter to get that book!!

well not really...
                sigpic
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2681604 --- http://www.supermotors.net/17596

Comment

That's like selling your car for gas money...
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

:lol: :stupid:
                    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                      hmm 1000 dollars a book?
                      Hmmm. How 'bout no Scotty! Lol. 45 Bucks.

Comment

:lol:
                        "Scott...daddy's working...and when you're in the main chamber try to use the Big Boy voice....allright?"
                        quick!
                        someone copy all the Tech posts into a book and publish it!
                        or at least post it for sale...

lol..$1000...I'll give you 1000 invisible dollars.
                        Last edited by Mr. Land Yacht; 08-07-2007, 05:02 PM.
                        sigpic
                        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

:lol: Take it down a notch, more like two zeros. :lol:

Comment

Working...
                          X