No announcement yet.

n00b control!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mandatory no, but if one needs tech assistance, having that info readily visible is helpful, sure. I actually have sigs shut off at the moment, so it doesn't matter much to me
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
      The require to be FORCED to post an intro is good, though. .
      I agree..... Required to post an introduction is cool.
      Keeping them in the noob sandbox is kind of not... If they shit on the Tech Forums, fire for effect, then nuke them from orbit if they don't get a clue and settle down..... Judge them based on their posts here........
      Admins bashing just because they are noobs is not cool....
      That's all I have to say about that........

Comment

Ditto on forcing N00b posting only in the N00b forum, I hate clicking on something that may be interesting only to find a n00b infestation. Say like a 7 day waiting perod or something? So they can ONLY post in Noob welcome forum for 7 days, That sound good?
        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

No other forum that I have ever posted on makes new members post only in a noob forum for 7 days.... Not even the overly moderated CVN does that......

Comment

One post, make an intro.

Then you're good. No fucking 7 day waiting period!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

ummmm... what if a new person joins, knows what the hell they are talking about, and dont like the site because they arent allowed to answer something they may know. there is always that chance, i agree with Tom... must post in nOOb introduction at least once before allowed to run free on site.
              Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

I dunno....Ok how about based on age? Or something becase......Damn. some people can make me look like Albert frigging Einstein, Which can be good or bad.
                And one post is fine and all but not nearly enough time to see if they can "swim".

Comment

ok and how is that going to get enforced? is there an option in the user manager for that? i know I don't feel like manually screening people to see who has posted so they can be changed to regular user status.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

MMKay here is the thing.......We bitch, BUT nothing will change until the people change. Thats about it.

Did I hit the nail on the head?

Comment

Age has nothing to do with it, just because you're older doesn't necessarrily mean you're any smarter or more mature.

And it's already been approved by Tom himself, check the thread "Amnesty" by Chuck Norris. His thread and mine ended up linking together. They've gotta post an intro in the n00b section and then become approved in order to post elsewhere.

I still don't know why no one has moved the n00b forum link higher up on the main page. It's sitting at the bottom of the page, where if it's at the top of the page it not only shows more importance, but also makes it one of the first things you see when you go onto the site. By doing so, it's more visible to the n00bs themselves.
                      1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                      1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                      1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

That would help yes.

Comment

one should be enough... I do think we should require mantinance of a good non-productive to productive post ratio. If someones obviously here to make trouble, they get removed.
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
                            one should be enough... I do think we should require mantinance of a good non-productive to productive post ratio. If someones obviously here to make trouble, they get removed.
                            That and they more than likely won't even post an intro, lol.

Comment

Jesus wept, this is STILL an issue?

Let it die already, for corn's sake.
                              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Keep your panties on, we're allowed to talk about it, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X