Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics finally!!!

Comment

That thing is a beauty!!!! Doesn't look like the light conversion was too hard either, with the ditch lights and the backup lights where they are and all...

Gotta love midnight blue
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

nice!
        what's with the light under the back bumper?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Black with blue interior=Beautiful!!!!

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
          1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
            nice!
            what's with the light under the back bumper?
            Scott, all vehicles in the UK are required to have a rear facing spotlight, red in colour of course...

Part of the "light conversion". Also, the ditch lights will be turn signals, and the reverse lights will have amber bulbs for use as turn signal,s and revers lights aren't even required!

Comment

creampuff !!!!!!!!!

European cars have to have slightly different exterior lamps and lighting behaviour... so US cars often wind up with extra lamps added/changed/re-wired
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                Scott, all vehicles in the UK are required to have a rear facing spotlight, red in colour of course...

Part of the "light conversion". Also, the ditch lights will be turn signals, and the reverse lights will have amber bulbs for use as turn signal,s and revers lights aren't even required!

Huh, I think ( same rules in Holland... European Union ) it's a fog-light.

And my GM still has all the original lights, and NO conversion of amber bulbs
                in the reverselights..

And reverse-lights are required !! ( failure as far as I know of MOT or the Dutch version called APK, no valid licence...) )
                1996 Grand Marquis LS ( fully loaded)
                2006 Mercedes S320CDI (lwb)
                1996 VW Golf Convertible (fully loaded)

Comment

The UK is "special" when it comes to being part of the EU

And Spotlight, Fog Light, whatever.. You say tomato, I say potatoe :

Comment

yep fog light it is...

And the back up lamps have ambers in

Paint isnt great but a respray soon should cure that.. the blue inerior goes well with the black i think!

oh and the engine bay is filthy becuase of a burst top rad hose..Will put up some morepics once its cleaned up!

Comment

Working...
                    X