new kid on the block- '05 LSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blazingstang
    Cool! At least someone is gettin a NEW one! THese kids and thier boxes... :evil:
    :stfu1:

You just jealous cause you ain't got a box!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

:stupid:

boxes rule! if it weren't for teh boxes you wouldn't have your aero vics or the whales either. so there

and at least the boxes look decent with vinyl tops
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
        Cool! At least someone is gettin a NEW one! THese kids and thier boxes... :evil:

/checks self

Yep, still got a box...

oh, wait- that wasn't what you meant :evil:

I remember getting them from the motor pool, but I'd be lying to you if I didn't admit to having a whole lot of fun with the Diplomats running the 4bbl set-up. Those back two barrels were always real clean when I returned those vehicles.

And, don't even mention whale in the same breath as any discussion of any FoMoCo offering...let me tell you that Shamu (the "non-box" Caprice) was no fun to drive and could downright scary with those anti-stop brakes it was equipped with.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle
          Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT

/checks self

Yep, still got a box...

LOL :lol:
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

[Butthead]hehehe... Box[/Butthead]

Comment

Dirty minds :evil:
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I figured out I am an Aero kinda guy!
                2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

NEW KID ON THE BLOCK-05 LSE

:evil:-!BOOOOOOOO! HAPPY HALLOWEEN :chainsaw:

ATT.SNIPER 308(PROUD OWNER OF "BLACKHAWK-P74 INTERCEPTOR") :cops:
                  MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Originally posted by michelle

/checks self

Yep, still got a box...

I like the way you think, Michelle.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                    Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                    5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

As an update, I got home with it late Thursday evening...15 miles on the clock when I took delivery and 1499 when I pulled into the driveway. Photos to come...washed it this morning and snapped about a half-roll and will finish the roll off later today and then get them processed onto a disc (I haven't moved into the digital camera age yet...don't take enough pics to justify the cost- and yes I know that sounds contrary to not blow a few hundred on a camera but be willing to blow $24K on a car that is not even an everyday driver, but that's how I roll).

When I did the math on the MPG, I got 20.91 for the entire trip, with the low being 19.7 and the best tank being a short burst at 23+ where I was able to run pretty much unimpeded in a three car caravan at better than the speed limit.

Need to hit the store and get a new filter and oil to change out the factory fill...I'm usually pretty quick at getting that stuff out at a thousand, but I figure I can get away with waiting a few days since the miles were almost exclusively highway. I also need to look a little closer and see what the easiest way is to get that filter out without spilling oil all over the place...

Comment

Good deal. I really think its funny that these "big cars" will pull down the same fuel mileage as many mid size cars with smaller engines, and better than most SUVs, yet people still think that just because its big and has a V8 that it must be a fuel hog. Your fuel economy should actually get a little better in a few thousand I'd think when everything is properly seated.

As for the oil filter, maybe one of the 4.6 owners here has a way to do it without making a mess, but the only time I've ever looked under a 4.6 car it looked to be an impossible task. This was a Mark VIII so things were a little tighter tho.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

4.6 oil filters suck ass.

that is all.

Comment

A few of the pics are now uploaded... http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/michel...bum?.dir=/7ce5

Some of the ones I took of the engine compartment didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, so I didn't upload them.

One of these days I will get around to cleaning out the garage so I can actually keep two vehicles in there. The Miata was already in the garage and there is no way the truck will fit (too tall).

Comment

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Oh man, thats a pretty machine

Comment

Working...
                                X