Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thanks Slymer I'll look into getting some of that

Comment

Hey everyone I have been so busy lately that I haven't had time to really post anything. I do check the site though daily to see what people are saying lol. The 86 Tank still has the same cosmetic problems I mentioned before. I replaced the shocks on it not long after I got it last year, and I have replaced the valve cover gaskets since it was leaking oil out of them. However, it seems that it is also leaking oil from the rear main seal and who knows where else lol. I have to add a quart in about every 1,000 miles. A few days ago on my way to work the belt that drives the alternator/power steering pump/fan shredded up so I got that replaced yesterday. When I did that, I also noticed that the power steering pump reservoir was almost empty >.> It looks like it is leaking from the steering gear box below the reservoir. There is also a constant whistling sound coming from behind the intake manifold against the firewall while the engine is running. I'm guessing that is a vacuum line leak? The upper suspension boots are also cracked so dust and whatever else is getting inside there with the bushings which isn't good lol. I still need to replace that hose that connects from the valve cover over to the intake manifold for pcv as well because it is cracked on the side that connects to the valve cover which lets a little oil seep out and all over the left valve cover. /sigh so much more repairs to do on this car lol I am sure there are other engine/transmission problems that I haven't found yet. This car only has 52,000 miles but the problem is the age of the engine and trans and that it wasn't driven much for like 5 years before my grandmother died so I'm sure things dried up from sitting so long.

Comment

check the rear of the lower intake. It's usually that seal that's leaking and not the rear main. Definitely a lot easier to replace than the rear main.

Yes on the vacuum leak.

and to help with longevity... use fuel hose to replace the PCV hose lines.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

that oddball whine sound is probably the smog pump, i used to have all sorts of odd sounds goign down the road, till i deleted, the ac/smog and cats, some ppl dont like my engineering, but it works lol. check for vac leaks, the sending unit, would still act ok, but the variences in prssure believ it or not would cuase it to rise or drop with barometric pressure, my gauge played ghost for a while sometime sit would work and sometimes it wouldnt, john hooked me up with a float and it worked, so the float would be my suspect, but not hundred percent certain.
          89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!
            That's a clean box.

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions Slymer and Zoomie! Also thanks for the comment SVT98t! I try to keep it staying clean the way it is lol

Comment

Working...
              X