Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
      alot of really cute ones come from over there

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
      Welcome!
      Thanks!
      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44489[/ATTACH]

Thanks!
        I feel your pain.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          I don't fit well into Mustangs. I have been in a few before, and its just not comfortable. The SN95 is like a contortion act to get into. I have a Mark VII, its like a Mustang with nicer seats and without the Vanilla Ice vibe.
          I agree about the sn95's and on, never had this problem with the foxes. My biggest issue was the roofline of the newer ones; no matter what I'd always hit my head getting in/out. Fox had longer doors with a flatter top, if that makes any sense. Once my brother's '89 coupe is done, the motor from it will be going into my box...with a little churching up...

Comment

They called Mark VII's with the HO "The rich man's Mustang" back in the day.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
              They called Mark VII's with the HO "The rich man's Mustang" back in the day.
              Lincoln should do another car based on the current Mustang. That would be nice.
              —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!
                C-130 Maintenance for life.

-ryan s.
                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                Originally posted by pantera77
                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

We're just getting back from Florida. Missed out on stuff we really wanted to scoop up, like a 1992 Mark VII that was freakin' clean and a nice short box 1996 F-150 Eddie Bauer I6 Five speed. Ashley and I did test drive a 1997 or 8 Mustang V6 five speed and while that one didn't make the cut she really likes the car and so one might just end up replacing her Town Car.

Comment

and a nice short box 1996 F-150 Eddie Bauer I6 Five speed
                    Damn, those 300/5sp EB's are rare as hell! I would have scooped that up in an instant.
                    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                      Damn, those 300/5sp EB's are rare as hell! I would have scooped that up in an instant.
                      I know, we were both freakin' bummed when it sold. We were trolling the local ads for southern Florida weeks in advance to get a bunch of candidates on the board but by the time we got down there the list dwindled somewhat. That Mark VII and short box EB popped up while we down there and we would've looked at them but I made the mistake of not taking money out of the bank before we got down there. Turns out while my bank has ATM's down that way they don't have any branches and so that fucked us. That EB was up for two days before it sold and I kept telling Ashley that it would go too... Farkin' Mark VII and truck went on the same day too. Such a nice truck, it was that nice deep green with tan tu-tone with full gloss n no dents/scratches, 130k miles, dual tanker, split window, cargo light, the truck we've always wanted. Guy was asking $3,300 IIRC. Then later I learned that you could bump the maximum withdrawal amt from ATM's and felt like a total dumbass and have been kicking said dumbass ever since. Because of that butt ache everything else on the list was just so underwhelming for the asking price that we didn't look at/call on much else aside from two Mustangs and 5 speed grand am. Mustang would've been ok despite its many body repairs & bad bad bad tires if it weren't for suspected bad head gaskets & the puttering I heard from the exhaust at idle. I have no experience with them or 3.8's other than I know they're notorious for headgaskets so I didn't trust the car to make it the remaining 800 miles back home.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                        Welcome to the Party!!
                        C-130 Maintenance for life.

-ryan s.
                        Haha! Thanks. C-130 guys are the most gung ho about their aircraft as any I've ever met. I'm a C-17 guy who has dabbled a bit with C-5s; another, less-maintenance friendly Lockheed product.

I know, we were both freakin' bummed when it sold. We were trolling the local ads for southern Florida weeks in advance to get a bunch of candidates on the board but by the time we got down there the list dwindled somewhat. That Mark VII and short box EB popped up while we down there and we would've looked at them but I made the mistake of not taking money out of the bank before we got down there. Turns out while my bank has ATM's down that way they don't have any branches and so that fucked us. That EB was up for two days before it sold and I kept telling Ashley that it would go too... Farkin' Mark VII and truck went on the same day too. Such a nice truck, it was that nice deep green with tan tu-tone with full gloss n no dents/scratches, 130k miles, dual tanker, split window, cargo light, the truck we've always wanted. Guy was asking $3,300 IIRC. Then later I learned that you could bump the maximum withdrawal amt from ATM's and felt like a total dumbass and have been kicking said dumbass ever since. Because of that butt ache everything else on the list was just so underwhelming for the asking price that we didn't look at/call on much else aside from two Mustangs and 5 speed grand am. Mustang would've been ok despite its many body repairs & bad bad bad tires if it weren't for suspected bad head gaskets & the puttering I heard from the exhaust at idle. I have no experience with them or 3.8's other than I know they're notorious for headgaskets so I didn't trust the car to make it the remaining 800 miles back home.
                        I feel your pain on missing those CL deals. I could have sworn I saw a nice EB 6-cylinder F-150 somewhere in Dallas or Oklahoma. We're less than three weeks away from leaving for good, and I keep seeing awesome-looking deals come and go. I'm anxious to finally be able to pounce on something. The good news is that there are tons of trucks where we're going. I shouldn't have to wait too long for a good deal. The bad news is that good deals on panthers are few and far between. There was a beautiful 1991 CV LX up in Tulsa with <100k, single owner, immaculate shape for $2000. That one disappeared inside of a week. Haven't seen anything else that nice for less than $4000. There's a guy somewhere east of Dallas that's had a 1990 LX listed for a while. Decent shape with ripped up leather seats for $3550. Been listed at that price for over a month.
                        —John

Comment

I knew I had seen something nice in the Dallas area. Not an EB, but looks to be in good shape. No mention of mileage, though.

—John

Comment

dang... If that was an extended cab... but I've got a buddy looking for a truck.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah, for S&G's we tried looking for boxes but couldn't find any worth buying, not that there was much to choose from, just a clapped out '83 TC. THought the junkyards would be good for panther pickin' too but I was wrong. American car section was razor thin compared to the imports, which made me cringe but there were only two boxes there and one was so rusted it could've passed for a northern car and the other looked like the interior was once an aquarium. The good deals certainly pop up from time to time and we were hoping it would happen again just before we left but no bueno. Maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
                                Haha! Thanks. C-130 guys are the most gung ho about their aircraft as any I've ever met. I'm a C-17 guy who has dabbled a bit with C-5s; another, less-maintenance friendly Lockheed product.

FRED.

I love my 130s, pretty much, because they're the best airplane. It's a fact.
                                And I'm super pissed that they're taking them away and we're getting fucking Tankers. I don't want to be a flying gas station.
                                Bastards.

-ryan s.
                                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                                Originally posted by pantera77
                                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
                                X