No announcement yet.

Just found this place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restore the 85 if it's not too far gone man. The 79-87 Grand MArquis wagons aren't exactly easy to come by.
    Nick
    88 Colony Park LS
    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

The wagons make a nice duo.

I see an SHO as well - I love the sound of the yamaha V6s.
      -Matt
      1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

The 85 is pretty damn rusty, we'll see what happens maybe I'll strike it rich one of these days. I won't be able to get rid of it anytime soon, and I have plenty of room for it in that barn. I also notice that the 85 seems to have more power than the 89, that may be due to my egr issues though.

The dumbest thing I ever did was sell that SHO, that was a great car.

Comment

yes box panther enthusiasts exist!!!
          welcome, and i hope you find this site usefull
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Howdy.... Nice cars..

I wanna see the pics of Bachelor Party and Strippers!!!!

Password Please...
            Be good, if not, be good at it!!

Originally posted by N A
            RideIt, I hope you know we are going to screw with you because you're the coolest chick on this 'site.
            Originally posted by p71towny
            Your one of the most kick ass girls I know.
            :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf:

Comment

daaabearsz!

Comment

Cool cars, but Im really diggin the barn and tractor.
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

The '89 wagon, wow that's a beaut... in this day and age, seeing a wagon always turns my head, even if its paint is faded. Not much trouble with rust around here at least.
                  I get tired of seeing all the minivans and SUVS...
                  Rocinante, 1985 Grand Marquis LS with all the trimmings.

Comment

Aloha Dude. Road salt is the worst. I think RI takes the cake w/ presalting (putting salt down before a storm which then wouldn't show up afterall).

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude
                      The 85 is pretty damn rusty, we'll see what happens maybe I'll strike it rich one of these days. I won't be able to get rid of it anytime soon, and I have plenty of room for it in that barn. I also notice that the 85 seems to have more power than the 89, that may be due to my egr issues though.

The dumbest thing I ever did was sell that SHO, that was a great car.
                      Welcome!

Take a look at the tag on the drivers door, then look up the AX code in my sig, below.

I would bet you that the 85 has the K code rear which is a 3.55:1 rear gear with a traction lock carrier, and the 89 probably has a 3.08:1 open carier.

You would be surprised at how much difference a little bit of gearing makes on one of these heavy cars.
                      Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                      AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                      Open/Lock/Ratio #
                      -----------------------
                      G / H / 2.26
                      B / C / 2.47
                      8 / M / 2.73
                      7 / - / 3.07
                      Y / Z / 3.08
                      4 / D / 3.42
                      F / R / 3.45
                      5 / E / 3.27
                      6 / W / 3.73
                      2 / K / 3.55
                      A / - / 3.63
                      J / - / 3.85

Comment

Salt is ridiculous around these parts. And yeah, I do think that the 85 has a locker. I'm thinking about stripping the 85 for parts. It's a true shame the body is in such bad shape, it runs like a top.

Comment

Working...
                        X