No announcement yet.

Barge Lincolns: '77 Town Car and '78 Mark V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drooling over that DJE, I want one so bad.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
    1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

Originally posted by nfldfordltd View Post
      I'd ditch the cats anyway, along with all the rest of the smog crap. It's a real sin to have a power plant torque monster like a 460 choked off.l
      If it came to that, everything to do with emissions on this car should be documented, as it is very original (not messed with, bypassed etc.). My plan was to drive it in fully stock form, maybe throw mellow duals on it. I do have dual pipes off a '79 parts car, no crossover and needs mufflers.

I'd be interested in seeing your mileage on a long-distance highway trip such as Ontario-Labrador, as this car has the cruiser 2.50 rear end. I never did a WOT run paying attention to the speed, but I imagine it does almost 70mph in first gear!
      RyPow
      1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
      1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
      2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
      1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
      2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
      2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Originally posted by 89TownCar View Post
        Drooling over that DJE, I want one so bad.
        The blue DJE is my favorite Mark V. Second-favorite would be the '78 Cartier. Ultimately, I'd like to keep the DJE - my dream is stock appearance but with built 460 and E4OD trans - but if someone wants it badly enough, I'll let it go.
        RyPow
        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net

Comment

Originally posted by RyPow View Post
          The blue DJE is my favorite Mark V. Second-favorite would be the '78 Cartier. Ultimately, I'd like to keep the DJE - my dream is stock appearance but with built 460 and E4OD trans - but if someone wants it badly enough, I'll let it go.
          DJEs are super rare. I'd hold onto it.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
          1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

I'd take the DJE off your hands if I had the balls to drive it from Canada into Kansas. But that ain't me right now :c

Comment

March bump.

Both are still available. I've had a couple hits locally but nothing serious yet. I didn't expect much action until April at the earliest, anyway. January-March is a dead zone here for classic car sales.
              RyPow

Comment

After consulting with the household accountant, it has been decided to pass on purchasing that Town Car from you this year. Funds will instead be invested into the 88 Box Town Car.
                IF you still have it next year (no breath holding going on here) we may be able to work out a deal then. I'm out for 2015 though, Significant Other's Orders.
                Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

New ad posted for the '77 Town Car:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/...les/1059443400
                  RyPow

Comment

Originally posted by nfldfordltd View Post
                    After consulting with the household accountant, it has been decided to pass on purchasing that Town Car from you this year. Funds will instead be invested into the 88 Box Town Car.
                    IF you still have it next year (no breath holding going on here) we may be able to work out a deal then. I'm out for 2015 though, Significant Other's Orders.
                    No worries - you know what they say, a happy wife is a happy life!

I certainly hope it will be gone by next year. I just relisted it at a lower price, I desperately need to clear a vehicle out of the shop so we can rent out the spot.
                    RyPow

Comment

Someone grab that 460...!!!!!
                      I'm telling ya, those are getting rare!
                      See my 1978 Grand Marquis build thread....I can tell you the engine is so awesome to rebuild!
                      You wont be disappointed....for those who like to tweak the 5.0( I did it on my 88 TC).....doesn't hold a candle to the 460!!!

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Originally posted by Grand1 View Post
                        Someone grab that 460...!!!!!
                        I'm telling ya, those are getting rare!
                        See my 1978 Grand Marquis build thread....I can tell you the engine is so awesome to rebuild!
                        You wont be disappointed....for those who like to tweak the 5.0( I did it on my 88 TC).....doesn't hold a candle to the 460!!!
                        Or a wallet.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Wish I could afford and had room for another car, I really want a barge..Theres a 79 on Kijiji for 1k, but it has the super lame 400M

Comment

Theres a 79 on Kijiji for 1k, but it has the super lame 400M
                            Don't forget the significant drop in build quality between '77-79. Not many people know about that. The cars lost 300 lbs (for CAFE reasons) but looked almost identical. '79s aren't nearly as "solid" throughout as a '77 or earlier.
                            RyPow

Comment

Originally posted by RyPow View Post
                              Don't forget the significant drop in build quality between '77-79. Not many people know about that. The cars lost 300 lbs (for CAFE reasons) but looked almost identical. '79s aren't nearly as "solid" throughout as a '77 or earlier.
                              Really? Didn't know that. Good to know if I start seriously shopping for a barge.

Comment

Really? Didn't know that. Good to know if I start seriously shopping for a barge.
                                You'll get a LOT of denial from '79 owners/sellers about it, but yes, '78-79 are not on the same level as '77 and earlier. I know from owning/working on a bunch of them. The big thing with '79s is the fact that they're the end of an era.

I may have the Mark V sold tonight, fingers crossed. A prospective buyer who looked at it last weekend is getting a quote on body/paint, then proceeding based on that number. No one wants to lose on a project these days....can't say I blame the guy though. We had the car up on the hoist last weekend, it is CHERRY underneath. Plus, despite having a single exhaust on it now, the hangers for the other side are still there. So, one of the previous owners was a cheap bastard who threw a single on it when the duals rotted out

If all goes well tonight, I may keep the '77 for the time being. The tires on the Mark V are in decent shape and the prospective buyer doesn't need them, so they will go on my set of turbines for the '77.
                                Last edited by RyPow; 04-02-2015, 10:33 AM.
                                RyPow

Comment

Working...
                                X