Barge Lincolns: '77 Town Car and '78 Mark V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RyPow View Post
    You'll get a LOT of denial from '79 owners/sellers about it, but yes, '78-79 are not on the same level as '77 and earlier. I know from owning/working on a bunch of them. The big thing with '79s is the fact that they're the end of an era.
    Interesting. Is the same true for the LTD/Marquis? I know they stopped when the panther platform started in 79 unlike the Lincoln, but are the 78s effected by this as well?

I may have the Mark V sold tonight, fingers crossed. A prospective buyer who looked at it last weekend is getting a quote on body/paint, then proceeding based on that number. No one wants to lose on a project these days....can't say I blame the guy though. We had the car up on the hoist last weekend, it is CHERRY underneath. Plus, despite having a single exhaust on it now, the hangers for the other side are still there. So, one of the previous owners was a cheap bastard who threw a single on it when the duals rotted out

If all goes well tonight, I may keep the '77 for the time being. The tires on the Mark V are in decent shape and the prospective buyer doesn't need them, so they will go on my set of turbines for the '77.
    Congrats! I hope it goes well!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
      Interesting. Is the same true for the LTD/Marquis? I know they stopped when the panther platform started in 79 unlike the Lincoln, but are the 78s effected by this as well?
      I can't say for sure about the LTD/Marquis, I haven't owned one or done much work on them before. I imagine they didn't see the same level of reworking as the Continental.

Originally posted by slack View Post
      Congrats! I hope it goes well!
      Thanks - so do I! Gotta free up some of my investment in this hobby.
      RyPow
      1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
      1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
      2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
      1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
      2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
      2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

I may have the Mark V sold tonight, fingers crossed.
        The Mark V is SOLD! Goes to it's new home on the weekend. It's getting a full resto over the summer.
        RyPow
        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net

Comment

Good to hear its going to a good home. Even though we know, you would not let it go anywhere else lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
            Good to hear its going to a good home. Even though we know, you would not let it go anywhere else lol.
            The new owner seems quite passionate about getting it back to nice condition. It doesn't seem like time/money are an issue for him either, so I think it will happen at a good pace.

I had good tires mounted on my barge turbines, they will be going onto the '77 tonight.
            RyPow

Comment

Working...
            X