• Show
Clear All

Nice squire wagon!

Not mine, good deal!

89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

My dream Panther!

Although at that price there must be something wrong or that picture is rather old... or the seller just doesn't know what their selling.

Either way it's not happening. Too far from me, and, at this point in time, I definitely wouldn't be able to provide a good home for it anyway.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

This screams scam to me.

I can usually tell the scams in Virginia because of of inspection stickers and front tags. What you have in NY?

Anyway it does look like a good ride. Tow package from the looks of driver tailpipe. Also has a 91 parking light/side marker.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

305 v8...
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I think it's a combination of doesn't know, possible scam, and old pic.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah a lot doesn't add up really. If it had a 305, I definitely wouldn't buy it....

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
              Yeah a lot doesn't add up really. If it had a 305, I definitely wouldn't buy it....
              Well, if it had a 305 it would have the right bolt pattern transmission to drop in a hopped-up LS1-7 motor! Hey, the Mustang guys do it, why can't we?
              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

+1 on the scam thing. Doesn't New York require front & rear plates? Certainly looks like an old pic and when there's only one to look at that's a big turn off. We've went & looked at 2 POS's in the last two weeks that had old pics posted in the ads, as if we'd be too stupid to figure it out in person.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Look at what I found: Same Car, same house, different angle. One picture, shit description, Columbus OH $1k http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/5546535902.html
                  Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

402 Area code is NEBRASKA!
                    89 Colony Park
                    90 Colony Park
                    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                      Well, if it had a 305 it would have the right bolt pattern transmission to drop in a hopped-up LS1-7 motor! Hey, the Mustang guys do it, why can't we?
                      Because we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard? Oh sure LS motors are cheap, easy power. The real joke is that everyone thinks GM made a winner. If you need other evidence that these things are a Windsor rip-off, consider the fact that the heads can actually be bolted on to a Ford Windsor engine. No joke!

Comment

sxc, just read that description lol! Scam for sure..
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Those pictures look like the wagon with the funnel coming through the body, only maybe the hole in the back was shopped out.
                          1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                            I can usually tell the scams in Virginia because of of inspection stickers and front tags. What you have in NY?
                            We have registration and inspection stickers on the windshield in the lower corner on the driver's side. Cars +25 years only require safety and I think brand new cars get a pass on emissions as well for a short bit.

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                            +1 on the scam thing. Doesn't New York require front & rear plates?
                            Yep. Front and rear plates here in NY.

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                            Look at what I found: Same Car, same house, different angle. One picture, shit description, Columbus OH $1k http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/5546535902.html
                            It looks like case closed. Scam city.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

I'd dump my Mercedes in a heartbeat for a nice clean wagon. I saw that ad over the weekend and knew it had to be a scam. It was confirmed after seeing its location listed in BOTH Brooklyn and in Manhattan in two different ads.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X