• Show
Clear All

Fuse box under the steering wheel inside the cabin :

Only visible loose harness in the trunk is this one :

Under hood fuse box :

I think this is where the wigwag box was :

And a picture of the headlight harness :

Comment

The blue wire nut in the last pic look like it joins the white and yellow wires together, and looks like what I found under the hood in the car I looked at. Follow those wires around and you might find a problem somewhere...?

And there is nothing in the trunk?? do some digging, pull the carpet out of the package shelf, heck pull the backseat out. I hope they didn't just chop the wire harness off clean back there, lol.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I suspect that the wirenuts have something to do with it too. It looks to me like that's where the wigwags would have tied in... and that screws with the high beams.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Alright I'll check the wiring inside the nuts tomorrow and pull up the trunk carpeting. Planning on a hardwood floor in my trunk anyway.

Comment

what purpose does a wood floor in the trunk of a car serve? Its already got wall to wall carpet over metal. You can wash the carpet and knock the dents out of the trunk pan after hauling engine blocks and such. Its somewhat more difficult to repair wood after doing that.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Pure aesthetics. I don't intend to haul anything with this car. I plan on modifying it the way I want.
              As for the headlight harness, I may go snip some from civilian Crown Vics at the junk yard, to compare and possibly splice in. Little cost to possibly fix the issue.

Comment

you may only need to properly solder and wrap those wire-nutted joints to fix the problem.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I'll try that. And grab some backup wiring in case. I'm not too good at electrical but I'll give it a shot. Gives me an excuse to try my solder gun.

Comment

nice thing about soldering wire... you don't have to be neat, just make sure you don't short anything else or burn the wrong thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X