No announcement yet.

'92 Vic mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can wake up an early 4.6 a LOT, it just takes LOTS of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (pi heads, pi intake, marauder exhaust, reprograming)

better bet if you wanna beef it up, get a 99+ wrecked mustang that still has a complete engine, trans, wiring harness, pcm and swap it all over
    GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
    1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
    99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
    03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
    95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
      ok.nevermind..I've decided not to get that Vic...it would not be a wise decision on my part...why buy a car with 226K on it when you could get a Box TC(in nicer colors) with 123K for less?
      I was driving down a side road today and what so I see....a mint TC. And guess what Colin...its shiny sparkly black, and for sale....but I don't want a TC I really want a Vic. I just like the design of Vics better. And they are asking like $2400 for it......screw that.
      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Sorry Colin, gonna jack your thread for a bit.

What are the best heads and intake that fit on an 03+ engine? Cuz there's a guy I know who's dad has an 05-06(one of those) GM's, and he wants to know what the best flowing heads and intakes are, would it be those PI heads and intake i've heard about? I said that getting the heads/intakes ported, 2.25" duals with better headers, a bigger cams like may the cams out of a 99-04 Mustang GT, and an SCT tune would tune that sucker into a street demon, at least compared to what it was. Oh, and does anyone know if the cams from a 99-04 Stang GT would work? Cuz i'd imagine that they're a bit larger. I have almost no clue about mod motors, so if someone can help me, that'd be great. I'd post this question on CVN, but i'd just get bitched at, they'd call me retarded, and tell me to quit bein' a damn newb and to look up the answer. You guys are so much cooler about my dumb questions than they are. Thanks yall.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

no worries mang...it's served my purpose fully.

but I dunno about heads for that motor...
          sigpic
          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
            Sorry Colin, gonna jack your thread for a bit.

What are the best heads and intake that fit on an 03+ engine? Cuz there's a guy I know who's dad has an 05-06(one of those) GM's, and he wants to know what the best flowing heads and intakes are, would it be those PI heads and intake i've heard about? I said that getting the heads/intakes ported, 2.25" duals with better headers, a bigger cams like may the cams out of a 99-04 Mustang GT, and an SCT tune would tune that sucker into a street demon, at least compared to what it was. Oh, and does anyone know if the cams from a 99-04 Stang GT would work? Cuz i'd imagine that they're a bit larger. I have almost no clue about mod motors, so if someone can help me, that'd be great. I'd post this question on CVN, but i'd just get bitched at, they'd call me retarded, and tell me to quit bein' a damn newb and to look up the answer. You guys are so much cooler about my dumb questions than they are. Thanks yall.

pi heads will purt near straight bolt on to an early 4.6. you need the pi intake as well as the ports are different. you can use them from a mustang, truck, newer vic, whatever 4.6 had the pi heads (pre 3valve heads)

as far as flow goes, i'd say the 32 valve heads had the best flow, although i'm not sure if the new 3 valves flow better than the dual cams or not (i DOUBT it, the 3 valve is mostly for emissions than it is power)

a 96-98 2 valve 4.6 modified with Power Improved heads will actually make a little bit more power than a 99+ non modified pi engine due to different pistons in the 96-98 that result in a higher compression ratio.

now, this is all from a 5.0 mustangs and super fords. they recently built up an early 4.6 with a bunch of stuff, and it's impressive. i'm trying to find the article on their website, but im unable too.

and it all comes down to how much $$$$$ you have lol
            95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

K&N.
              1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
              1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
              1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

yea, I will prolly get one of those for every car I own now...
                having seen the results I've gotten with MAGNA...even tho they aren't astounding...I will get one for the carbed setup...

my results were mainly in my city mpg...
                went from getting like 15.5-16.5...to getting 17-19.3mpg...
                and believe me, I tested it out a few times...took the same route with paper filter one time and then the K&N...there is a difference.
                I took that 20 mile trip(40 'round trip) to the machine shop to drop off my block/crank, etc to be worked on...it was a 45mph and then 50mph city road with about...oh...10-12 lights...at least 5 of which will stop me...
                on the way there and back dropping it off I ran a paper filter...got up to17.1mpg.
                by the time the block was finished, I had a K&N in there....I averaged 19.3 on that trip.
                so, very good comparison..
                going to with block in trunk....coming home with nothing in trunk.
                going to with nothing in trunk...going home with block in trunk.
                and my mpg from just normal driving has not gotten below 16 thus far.

ok, enough talk about that.
                sigpic
                1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Light bar for the top and a search light then start pulling people over.

Comment

Hey Colin..that Lincoln I found is goin for $3000 but the guy said he hasn't had any offers and he is takin them. And the best part is its a black 86 Town Car Signature, and you want a black one. (Well actually its more like a dark dark blue) I might offer him $1000

Hey if he is desperate then he will take it. But I can't offer him it for a while, I am still waiting for a job to come through.
                    Last edited by 87DeuceVic; 07-19-2007, 09:59 PM.
                    -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                    -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

see, trying to get 3k for a 20 year old car that isnt a classic or have a brand new modern drivetrain, even if it is a panther is rediculious
                      95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

I know it is. But at least the car is like spotless and in great shape. But it is still blue booked at like $2200 at the most.

Comment

yea...that must be an awesome car...u get it..now!
                          and I might just be jealous.
                          Black(even dark blue) TCs are awesome!
                          just look at our POTM..

hmm..I wouldn't go any higher than like $2K...prolly wouldn't even go that high...if it has over 100K, no more than $1200...under 100K, $1600.
                          sigpic
                          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Its got 98,800 miles...so a little under 100,000. I do want it....but unitll one of my jobs comes thru then i only have like $200 oh well

Comment

Originally posted by seneeb View Post
                              you can wake up an early 4.6 a LOT, it just takes LOTS of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (pi heads, pi intake, marauder exhaust, reprograming)

better bet if you wanna beef it up, get a 99+ wrecked mustang that still has a complete engine, trans, wiring harness, pcm and swap it all over
                              or just make your own intake....
                              Attached Files
                              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                              Originally posted by pantera77
                              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Colin:

Other than appearance mods, I'd go with a dual exhaust, and a 3.55 RAR w/ traction-lok. Maybe a custom intake tube if you want.

I would end it at that, honestly. Past that, things start to get costly. Those will be the best easy bang for buck mods on the car and will help to wake it up. I wouldn't mod it any more than this, especially if it's an early 92 w/ AOD which you have no tuning options for.

Upgrading the heads, cams, or intake manifold - albeit effective, is not a simple quick afternoon bolt on, and will require additional parts and modification. It would actually be easier, and cheaper to just drop in a low mileage PI engine and call it a day. If you do have the AOD, you would need an AODE or 4r70w trans and a wiring conversion to do so.
                                -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
                                My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
                                Modifications
                                Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Working...
                                X