'92 Vic mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
    Sorry Colin, gonna jack your thread for a bit.

What are the best heads and intake that fit on an 03+ engine? Cuz there's a guy I know who's dad has an 05-06(one of those) GM's, and he wants to know what the best flowing heads and intakes are, would it be those PI heads and intake i've heard about? I said that getting the heads/intakes ported, 2.25" duals with better headers, a bigger cams like may the cams out of a 99-04 Mustang GT, and an SCT tune would tune that sucker into a street demon, at least compared to what it was. Oh, and does anyone know if the cams from a 99-04 Stang GT would work? Cuz i'd imagine that they're a bit larger. I have almost no clue about mod motors, so if someone can help me, that'd be great. I'd post this question on CVN, but i'd just get bitched at, they'd call me retarded, and tell me to quit bein' a damn newb and to look up the answer. You guys are so much cooler about my dumb questions than they are. Thanks yall.
    All 01+ CV/GM/TC already have the PI engine, intake, heads, cams, etc.

The 99-04 GT cams are the same grind, no gain.

Porting modular heads is no simple affair, it is very costly and there are only a select few who get it right. The intake is plastic, so I wouldn't want to port it too much :p Regardless, the PI intake flows great in stock form.

If he has dual exhaust, leave it for now. Upgrading to 2.25 over the factory duals won't gain him much. If he has single exhaust, then go for it.

There is only one header option, and that is Kooks. They are long tube and will require a mostly custom exhaust behind it. They run over a grand. I would start with some of the more simple mods first.

If he has single exhaust, he has a 2.73 RAR - change it out for 3.55s for some better off the line power. Might as well throw in a trac-lok at the same time.

If his GMQ is a 2005+, get a 2004+ CVPI airbox/MAF and a tune for it from www.blueovalchips.com

If it's a 03-04, get a Marauder airbox and MAF along with a tune.

The steeper gears, and new airbox and tune will make a huge difference. The duals won't make as noticeable of an impact, but it's a good building block to work from.
    -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
    My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
    Modifications
    Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

i wonder how compicated a 5.0HO, GT40(p) or 5.8HO lightning would swap into the AOD '92 Vic. Thats would be a cool setup in an aero body, and give some decent mileage too with the better aerodynamics and lighter weight of the windsor pushrod motors vs the heavy mod motor. With the amount the 4.6 weighs maybe the 7.5 (460ci) EFI out of a F-350 could be a possibility, but aint no way the AOD lasts behind that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
        or just make your own intake....
        that's seksi!
        GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
        1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
        99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
        03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
        95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
          or just make your own intake....

What did you use to make that??
          R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
          Originally posted by MeanVic84
          Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by importssuck View Post
            What did you use to make that??
            here's the big secret...
            it's aluminum. i bought it off ebay. its one of those extra-cheapo kits for a 99 mustang gt.$19.99. but with a dremel, a hacksaw, and some imagination, it worked.
            i had to make 3 of the 4 holes that mate to the MAF bigger. and i had to relocate the IAT further back. i actually cut the wires and extrended it.
            and it wont clear the oil filler cap and the coil without a throttle body spacer. i got mine for$70 from Wheelskin.com. you might be able to rig it better and not need the TBS.
            the piping that runs across the UIM is 3". the piece that bends down is 3.5"

but there are other mustang kits out there.
            ill post some close up pics tomorrow when its not dark, but light out.
            -ryan
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
            X