Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford 4.6L 2V/4V ZEX N2O System

Got turned onto this at mm.net...

Well, we planned to go to the meet Bradenton to make a few passes and realized I hadn't done anything to improve my car since I ran in Indy. That would just take some of the fun out of it. It's time for a mod. I was thinking Kooks or S/C. Each was way over my budget. I had just installed a NOS kit in Mel's car and it turned out good... So, what the hell! I ordered a Zex wet kit and installed it this past week. I found it online for about $550. The kit comes with 75, 100, 125 HP jets. I

For $550 I can drop my 1/4 mile ET by 1.3 seconds with a 75 shot, which would put me in the low 13's? Where's my wallet... no... must resist...

Here's why this is attractive to me: It's a mere fraction of a s/c system. I love the performance of my MM already but every once in a while I would love to be able to hit a button and really get a shot of adrenaline. Also, the fact there's only about 90 seconds of the fun stuff on tap it would force me to be frugal with it.

Help me out here. Why is this a bad idea? Because, you never know when a CTS-V happens by...
    Supercharged '03 Mercury Marauder - SOLD

OK, not everyone all at once, lol

Comment

They make a kit for carb?
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

See ZEX's online catalog at:

They say there is no replacement for displacement but there actually is. It's “Power Adders”!

They list applications for EFI wet and dry systems, as well as 4-BBL plate system.

Info on the 82040 4-BBL plate (100-300 shot) system:

They say there is no replacement for displacement but there actually is. It's “Power Adders”!

Says it fits all popular square flange 4-barrel intake manifolds... is your's "popular"? You'd probably have to call to see.

I've also seen carb spacers that claim additional tq. Would this provide double benefit?

Comment

you ought to give this a try!...

2000 HPP Mods
          15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
          9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

Hmmm, interesting. I posted the link on the mm.net site also because I don't recall seeing this over there. Thanks.

Not to say this isn't a better animal, but I had a '90 Mitsu Eclispe GSX (wife's car) for about 10 years and the car was too heavy for the turbo. I got owned by just about everything with a V-8... but I loved the AWD. It was teh win on rain or snow... even though it was a ricer car.

Comment

My brother had a talon TSi with a grainger valve and a couple other things and it was wicked as hell...
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

go for it! a 75 shot is tame, and the MM should handle it.
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by grand_marquis_gt
                  My brother had a talon TSi with a grainger valve and a couple other things and it was wicked as hell...
                  The Eclipse was an automatic. That made it a complete dog. You needed to be able to do a 6000 rpm drop to really get the almost 3000 lb AWD GSX going from a stop. The manuals were one of the quickest cars across the street at the time.

Comment

Watch your compression ratio!

Comment

Working...
                    X