Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Harvester of Sorrow. Update 2/20/09, Rebirth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say backhalf it with tubs.

Comment

See this Thread.

Scroll to the bottom.
      2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Ok Cam lifter and main studs should be here tomorrow, then on the 28th I am getting the pistons and rods. When those get here, THen he block and heads get dropped off. So by the second friday of August, I should have en engine almmost ready for Dyno.

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Have the machine shop change out the cam bearings for you too. Usually its fairly cheap to have done, and the tool is over $100 most of the time.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So it's gonna be a stroker...

4.5" Eagle crank $260

6.605" Eagle Rods $251

Seeing "NOS the Blown Kid" cry when he get his ass whupped by grandpas car

PRICELESS!!!!

Comment

Nice cam! The prices of that stroker kit aint bad...but those heads are STILL a bottleneck.
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Actually, with a port match to the intake, They are not gonna be too bad. Next year I'll get the SCJ's but the D3VE's will work till then. I actually think that I'll see 430hp and about 600tq on the stocker heads. Then agian I could port then all the way and have bigger valves installed, but that would be breaking my engine budget.

Comment

Why does everyone think the later heads are so bad? Are the ports different size? They have the same valve size as the earlier heads. And the bumps in the exhaust ports can be ground out. The thing I see that is the down side would be the combustion chamber size. The later heads are 96.2cc compared to the earlier's 75.8cc.

Comment

And that can be cured with domes!!! All they need is a port maching, and a good shave and that is it! Hell if I like the power I get with the D3VE's, I probably will not get the FRPP SCJ's. All they save is what 80 lbs? The stockers arent all that heavy, hell the heads on my 454 were heavier!
                    Last edited by RugerP97DC; 07-20-2006, 03:30 AM.

Comment

HOS 460 Plan

OK here is the setup

4.5 Crank
                      6.7 Rods
                      4.44 Pistons
                      Vodoo Cam*
                      Weiand Stealth Intake
                      Edelbrock Thunder AVS 800cfm
                      MSD box
                      MSD Distributor

*=arrived

In short, this is a .080 overbore 557cid BBF.

on

Comment

Hey that sounds very cool and i think 460s still came in 93 ford trucks so its legal at least over here in oregon. I recommend getting a new cam go pic up a ford motersport catalog I just got one and they have some parts you may want....ford 514ci FI supercharged HELL YA...crazy fast
                        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

why .080? does it really need that to clean the block up?

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

I wouldn't bore it more than .030
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

That is what I though, untill I talked to quite a few Ford guys. Tuens our the old 385 blocks were intentionally made with lots of iron. The 2 widley avalible overbores are .030 and .080! I was timid about it untill I saw a block withe the same casting as mine that had a .100 bore on it! (With the stroke it has it's over 600 cubes!)

I still have to find the right pistons. I want the hyperturetic or cast, simply for the cost. I may yet end up with only a .030 an a 4.3 crank, but it will still be a freaking monster.

Oh and I am meeting a chassis guru this week to talk about the mods to a PANTHER, as the Mustang is to short for the weight of the engine. I dont want to end up spending 2500 buck on a front end for a fox!

Comment

I never have a block bored more then is absolutely needed. Even if you can go more. Having more material gives you more strength, better cooling and the ability to rebuild it again in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X