Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Harvester of Sorrow. Update 2/20/09, Rebirth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn these look like a good deal. Opinions?
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Originally posted by blazingmarauder
      Oh yea, I am taking it in on a friday or saturday, and gettin them to let it soak all weekend! That outta do it!

Is there any real pluses with going with an aftermarket balancer vs. stocker?
      Also what about knife-edging the crank? Never done that before, but I hear mixed messages about it. Any first hand experience around here?
      You dont really need an aftermarket balancer. I'm using a good non-SFI Pioneer unit on my 408. Knife-edgine will just reduce windage on the crank, i dont think its really necessary for you, just more $$ wasted.

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
      '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
      '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Thanks, this is gonna see more street action than track. I have decided on at least a .030 overbore, and I have changed the specs. Here are the final selections:
        Cam
        Pistons or These

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Only bore the block as far as it needs to clean up, bore it too far and you'll have cooling problems

'80 Town Coupé

Comment

What year motor is this? Does it have the football head rod bolts? Any big end rod pics looking down the rod?

Comment

Pistons are still on the rods. I'll get some pics of teh crank end of them for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by blazingmarauder
                Pistons are still on the rods. I'll get some pics of teh crank end of them for ya.
                OK... the crank end is the big end...

Comment

Yea, unless there have been some changes I wasent aware of...

Comment

lol...

Just about everyone out there that deals with engines will call it the big end, especially the machinist you bring it to

'80 Town Coupé

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                      They're water cooled. I can put my hands on them with the motor at full load. They never get over 180 degrees.
                      Not to mention the manifolds probalby weigh about 70#s each. I often use them as steps on the cigarette boats. along with the intakes, air cleaners, etc. It's not my fucking fault their engine compartments are too fuckin small.
                      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

SO the 460 is going in the Ranger by defualt!

Comment

That's ok, that truck would be FAST with a mildly built 460
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

No it would be slow as hell!! It won't move at all!! The rear tires will just instantly go up in smoke everytime you hit the go pedal.

Comment

Comment

I've considered the same project but slightly older. I've got a 90 standard cab 2wd Ranger sitting in my driveway. In fact if it was a supercab I would be building it right now. The standard cab is just to damn small. I feel like a sardine in that thing!

Seriously you need to consider either a 4 link setup or some kind of traction bars. Otherwise you will have some very serious wheel hop and the possibility of broken springs!

Comment

Working...
                                X