No announcement yet.

my planned mods- what about yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitro - I got all my electric SunPro gauges for around 25-$30 each, mechanical ones are more like $15.

the skill is no thang, we'd be glad to walk you through it. as for where to put them... I had them all in various places before the console!

a 3 gauge cluster goes easy under or inplace of the ashtray...

as for my plans...
    (quasi-realisticly soon to come)
    full fattie dual exhaust with shorites, high-flow or no cats
    ported E7 heads
    a K-code
    suspention re-biuld (mostly ball joints and suspention bushings)
    full plush red lincoln towncar seats
    granny chrome/top removal and fresh paint

and things that might happen but not for a long long time:
    slap the CFI onto a fresh HO rollerblock (yes you read right - and yes if it doesnt work good enough it will get a carb )
    OR a fat stroked 351
    fattie transmission with a shift kit
    OR sequestering 4K#Fe to put a T-5 in it

hopefully having many other boxes to do various combinations of the above :slug:
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

bored 351W waiting to port heads and need to buy intake and carb
      aeromotive fuel pump and regulator have the reg. waiting for the pump from my friend.
      fuel cell
      racing buckets
      rear suspension mods (heim jointed upper control arms, coil over rear, and a Watts link)
      trac-lok and lower gears
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Sounds like you got a winner, deuce!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownLX
          Nitro - I got all my electric SunPro gauges for around 25-$30 each, mechanical ones are more like $15.

the skill is no thang, we'd be glad to walk you through it. as for where to put them... I had them all in various places before the console!

a 3 gauge cluster goes easy under or inplace of the ashtray...
          Which gauges do you have? I Forget. ANd which are mechanical, and which are non?

I'd like to have oil pressure, (electrical?)
          Engine coolant temp, (electrical?)
          vacuum, (mechanical?)
          maybe a battery voltage. (electrical?..haha.. I know this one is)

OR do they sell mechanical fuel pressure guages too?

ANything else sound important? I guess an a/f ratio indicator like you have. That sounds pretty electrical to me too.

Oh yes, and a tach I have an evil plan for a tach, though, some day. :evil:

Comment

Heres my gauge setup...

Works very well, And I can see em all

Comment

cool setup(now i'm torn between old box dash and new box dash,lol) i also notice that your 84 has the same affliction as mine-

THE FUCKING HORN ON THE FUCKING TURN SIGNAL STALK

the only thing i never liked bout my 84 was that damn turn signal horn.
              Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Hehe... I kinda like the horn there... when I have immature kids/high-school students riding with me, they try to honk the horn but are puzzled when they hit the middle of the wheel and hear nothing. SOme of them try the automatic speed control buttons. :lol:

Comment

Should I keep my 82 front end. I love 88+ front ends but my 82 grill is different as well. On a side note, sitting in this computer lab there is some bomb ass pussy roaming around.
                  Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Snapper is good

Since you have an 82 with all the cool stuff, id keep it that way. They are rare.

Comment

I have:

mechanical temp gauge - sensing engine coolant, will be changed to electric ($15-$20)
                      electric temp gauge - will be sensing transmission pan fluid temp once I do a pan drop and drill the hole ($25)
                      electric pressure gauge - sensing oil pressure ($30)
                      mechanical vacuum/boost (not used for boost of course) - senses manifold vacuum, but lately I have been having fun hooking it up to various things like EGR and other systems/solenoids to see when/how they work($25)
                      air fuel ratio - taps into the o2 sensor ($25)
                      volts - ($15-$20)
                      mini-tach ($35)

like my stereo - I bought all these one at a time over a couple months. Hurts the wallet less that way!
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

H pipes off the cats with Warlock Mufflers
                        Mustang Headers
                        Posi Track with 373 gears
                        Hood Scoop (mayb) with ram air
                        Cam and Heads.
                        1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
                        -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
                        Supermotors

Comment

Before winter i plan on haveing new rear springs and air shocks all the way around, and probely a set a gagues before winter(awating a Autometer Monster Tasch). Body work and fresh paint next summer. Better stereo system. A nice set of chrome rims(probely for Christmas)
                          When the motor goes out im getting eather a 351W crate motor from Jegs, or a 5.0 HO Cobra motor with a few bolt ons and some custom work under the hood, 3.73 gears, new bullit proof AOD trans. Custom hood. And some other things.

http://members.sounddomain.com/sambos86
                          My 1979 F-250 Ranger Hi Boy
                          33/12.50 BFG Mud Terrians
                          390ci with a little bigger cam
                          Holly 4 barrel with K&N
                          4 Speed with granny gear

Comment

yes, i'm resurrecting an old topic,lol

it is getting way, way too cold up here. thermo says 27 degress right now. the vic is prob not getting a tranny installed b4 winter. things have just not worked out for me lately, but hey life goes on.

at the same time this gives an advantage sort of. i can get a junker tranny, rebuilt it, hop it up and come spring in she goes. i could very well have a shop do it, but i would rather do it myself. i plan on doing a complete rebuild(new bands), a new od servo, and definitely a b&m street/strip shift kit. i would go with the heavy duty kit, but i'm going to buy a motorhome tranny cooler, so cooling should not be an issue.

i'm going to leave the motor the way it is for now(2 years), unless i can get my hands on a 351w for dirt money,lol

for the interior i've decided on town car leather seats(i have to get the belt that bypasses the air pump and i can use my ac in the summer(my uncle is a certified ac person too and he might be able to get me a deal on r12, if not he said he'd convert the system to the r-134 instead) and i'm going to make my console. its going to be like Petes, xcept i'm going to have a couple more gauges than he does currently and 2 cupholders. the stereo is going to stay where it is. pioneer deck, my door speakers are pioneers and the ones in back are kickers with my pioneer sub. nothin fancy.

like i said, iwhere its getting close to snowfall, i'd rather wait on the tranny install. but thats my updated mod plans

oh yeah, the console i want to do something with leds maybe going round the inner lip or something too. gotta have a couple leds

Comment

Originally posted by EvilCrownVic
                              (i have to get the belt that bypasses the air pump and i can use my ac in the summer(my uncle is a certified ac person too and he might be able to get me a deal on r12, if not he said he'd convert the system to the r-134 instead)
                              change it over to r134..........much cheaper and it works just as well
                              the belt u need is part number

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Scott, thanks for the pic and the part #

you :headbang: :headbang:

Comment

Working...
                                X