Window wipers are retarded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window wipers are retarded

Ok this is the deal....When im sittin still the wipers are fine as i increase speed they wipe harder until they smack the windown trim and get stuck and i have to push them to un stick them so they can continue wiping.. Why would they do this and what can i do to fix them.Thanks for the help in advance.
    The Best
    Past and Present Any Questions...................

i think this is cuz as u increase speed, ur also increasing the voltage out put by a bit? and i think you can pull the arm off the shaft and move it a couple splines back.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Mine do that too while driving, but they don't get stuck. Might be a wind thing also.
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

So i can pull the arm off and move it back a ways? That will stop it from goin off the glass?
        The Best

Comment

i have the same problem.......my wiper transmission is worn out........it has a retail price of $59 from ford. i have the part at work. i need to put it on my car
          scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

look and see if your wipers park all the way down. if it looks like they could go further, pop them off and set them down further. Dont ask me how though, its some clip you gotta pop out, or something...
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Here is the sollution, short of the regulator for the wiper motor being bad. My wipers did much the same thing a year ago, put then I replaced all of the parts stated in the pic. I got it at dealership cost for about $40, so add whatever merkup on that and thats how much it costs. I don't know if Ford has discontinued that part yet or not. I also showed where the clip is and how to get the wiper arm off.

Sorry for the huge size, but I figured it'd be easier to read and understand.

Comment

Thanks!

I need that too, lol
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Mine did that, then the spline wiped out so the arm wouldn't even stay in sync with the sloppy ass transmission assembly. I currently have one arm (passenger side) on the car and RainX is my wiper. I need to get the transmission assembly and new arms for mine so it works like it should again.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks alot for the pic Blaze i will get on top of this asap
                    The Best

Comment

Working...
                    X