Nitrous CFI in the Works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitrous CFI in the Works!

Started preliminary install of the nitrous on my stock 84 cfi.
    Some early detail: Dry system starting with 50 shot, but will be tuned for fuel flow(would like to see 75 or 80 shot)
    It will be a hidden system (i love sleepers)
    I will post some pics and how it was done after completion and testing.
    Wish me luck!

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
    Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
    Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
    NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

My new hero...LOL....Good luck mang

Comment

um, you dont have unrealistic expectations for this do you? Not to burst your bubble but that motor is very much not a good candidate for nitrous for many reasons. If its just a "lets see what it will handle" thing though, by all means have some fun.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Maybe he enjoys installing one junkyard engine after another as he blows them all to pieces?
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Cool. Just dont over do it and screw yourself.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            um, you dont have unrealistic expectations for this do you? Not to burst your bubble but that motor is very much not a good candidate for nitrous for many reasons. If its just a "lets see what it will handle" thing though, by all means have some fun.
            Thts what i thought..But I didn't wanna burst his bubble..LOL

Comment

Will only lead to tears.

After much fun and laughter...
              2000 Grand Marquis LS
              2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
              1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
              1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
              Mercury Owners Group member
              Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Some negative comments out there. Thats okay, people fear what they dont understand. This isnt my first nitrous system, and i know all about the limitations and specs of this engine. If i didnt i wouldnt try this. This is going to be a conservative system, and not trying to set land speed records. If something breaks so be it, fix it, chalk it up to experience, and move on. Isnt trying something different part of hot rodding? If it works I'll tell what I did, and give the finger to the doubters.

Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall

Comment

Spoken like a true Texan!
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I don't think anyone was hating on the idea, just giving words of caution.
                    Just know CFI is seriously limited on the amount of fuel it can deliver... if it leans out and blows your motor, they're gonna say "I told you so"
                    Last edited by 85crownHPP; 09-21-2009, 10:01 PM.
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Just make sure to get video.

How are you planning on raising the FP when the nitrous is hit? They do not have vacuum referenced regulators. Not sure if you can swap a vacuum referenced one onto it.

The injectors are pretty pathetic in that thing too. 48lb per side... which divided by 4 is 12... so even less than the 14lb'ers that the EFI lopos have.
                      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by Titanius Anglesmith View Post
                        Just make sure to get video.

How are you planning on raising the FP when the nitrous is hit? They do not have vacuum referenced regulators. Not sure if you can swap a vacuum referenced one onto it.

The injectors are pretty pathetic in that thing too. 48lb per side... which divided by 4 is 12... so even less than the 14lb'ers that the EFI lopos have.
                        Like you mentioned fuel is critical on nitrous. FP will not be altered, FP is reading a steady 41 psi, Since the injectors run at 80-85%, will use the full throttle switch to activate two relays. One for each ground of the injectors. The relays will send the injectors to full ground, forcing them to 100% Nitrous jet will start at 35 shot, reading the spark plugs and tuning for more nitrous if too rich.

Comment

Interesting. Though, you might want to see if the FPR off a newer efi car work, then get a decent adjustable one and just hook the vacuum port to the nitrous feed.

The CFI fpr's work on SEFI cars...
                          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

how bout plumbing in an extra injector?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X