Fuel Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Injectors

So this AM I spent doing a leaky fuel injector. While I was in there I replaced all the other O rings. Now I have three or four other injectors leaking. I know I should have replaced them all but I didn't have the money.Does anyone know of some where in canada that I can get the blue O-rings the black ones I put in seemed to be a bit smaller. HELP PLEASE This is going to be the bain of my existance and the car is a pig on gas while they are leaking. Thanks inadvance.

What o-rings did you use? Most stores should sell them in kits for your application. If you just matched them up with something, that's probably the cause. Did they feel nice and snug when you re-installed the injectors?
    Could be a bit of dirt got raked over the o-rings... also they may just not be seated all the way... did you press down on them firmly on re-installation? you could try pulling the upper back off and tapping the fuel rail with something soft above each injector - they may slide in and seat better. Then give the rail bolts another snug too. I used a little di-electric grease on the o-rings to help them slide into place better.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I did use White Lithium grease to slide them back in but they all went back in really easy. I'm going tomorrow to get all the other injectors I'll just replace them all. I'm thinking it is going to be the best route. Wish me luck...

Comment

Most auto parts stores can sell you the exact O ring, or whats called an injector rebuild kit. The rebuild kit is the upper and lower O ring, the plastic spacer, and the pintle cap that goes on the end of the injector. Might want to look into that if the injectors aren't bad.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X