• Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	76462-UEFI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1268471

www.waekon.com
    find someone with this tool. if injectors check, then flush em.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Does the #8 plug look the same as say #7 ? A partially clogged injector could cause you trouble. Its unlikely to be an ECM problem. They tend to be more consistant when they die. I'd expect the injector to just not fire if it were computer related. It is possible you have a flaky connection in the black and white connectors though. I forget which is which, but one has all the injector wiring in it, the other is basically all sensor inputs. Its probably worth opening those up, cleaning the connections and re-applying some dielectric grease. Carfully spreading the pins a smidge on the male side of the plug may also not be a bad idea, but don't go overboard on it.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Gonna check the salt/pepper shakers sometime in the next couple of days. I did have the fuel pressure checked but I dont necessarily trust the fella who did it I've heard stories from ppl that have had him check things that he never actually checked. Though I had not known about this at the time I had it done so maybe the purchase of said $53 gauge is in my future.
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

I got mine at Advance for less than that. Harbor Freight also has them fairly cheap, under 20 bucks I think.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            I got mine at Advance for less than that. Harbor Freight also has them fairly cheap, under 20 bucks I think.
            Ill check that out harbor freight is only about 25 miles away and I gotta go to the particular town its in friday. I kind of hope its the fuel pressure regulator its cheap and easy to fix. But if not an injector while more costly isnt any harder to change after I get myself past this strange fear of pulling the upper intake.
            2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

Comment

Well I changed #8 fuel injector last night wasnt bad at all hardest parts was getting the dang fuel rail off those are some damn tight orings. I drove a couple of short 65-70 bursts on the way home and didnt notice anything, but I wont really no till I go on a longer interstate drive (possibly later today). All in all I really think I got it this time. Seems to me that the old one was leaking especially due to the plug being wet and the fact that I didnt have to bleed the fuel system. It just so happened to not have any pressure when I got to pulling the injector about half an hour after shutting off the car. I would honestly think there would have still been fuel pressure after only half an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
                Well I changed #8 fuel injector last night wasnt bad at all hardest parts was getting the dang fuel rail off those are some damn tight orings. I drove a couple of short 65-70 bursts on the way home and didnt notice anything, but I wont really no till I go on a longer interstate drive (possibly later today). All in all I really think I got it this time. Seems to me that the old one was leaking especially due to the plug being wet and the fact that I didnt have to bleed the fuel system. It just so happened to not have any pressure when I got to pulling the injector about half an hour after shutting off the car. I would honestly think there would have still been fuel pressure after only half an hour.
                Confirm with pressure gauge.

Comment

If one injector was shot, the rest I'd also consider questionable. If you can get a full set of 8 rebuilt and flow matched for a reasonable price, its probably worth doing.

Make sure you lube the O rings when re-assembling. They will tear otherwise. Also be sure you have no fuel leaks before starting the car. I caught my car on fire doing that. No grease + no leak check = one hell of a degreasing, though it cost me a transmission and I had to do a bunch of rewiring.

Comment

On long interstate uphill grades, the wagon will miss once every now and then. Only on hills. This is a CFI car. I saw this a lot yesterday, in VT on I-89 in the green mountains.

Maybe related: occasional codes 14 and 18. I've hit the distributor contacts with contact cleaner, inspected the wiring, reapplied thermal grease to the TFI, and did the ohmmeter checks on the TFI that the Charles Probst book describes (which checked out OK.) Still get the 14/18 now and then. The motor occasionally stalls from idle when it's partly warmed. I read somewhere that a stall can cause 14/18, so maybe that's all the codes are.

The miss isn't bothering me much, as it only happens on fairly steep grades. That's what lopos do, right? Drive it and enjoy it, right?
                    1985 Wagon Queen Family Truckster.
                    Get It ==G|== Together

Comment

Working...
                    X