Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I could dyno the 91... its peppy
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

The guys were giggling when I brought the TC around to put it on the dyno, but I guarantee you once it was strapped in, everyone was crowded around to see what it made. It definitely feels a lot stronger than that, but it's all good.

Next steps will be HO upper and TB, then swapping on my dual 2.25" exhaust that's cluttering up the trunk.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Sounds healthy!!!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Most of the sound comes from around the firewall, so it resonates in the cab a lot. I can't wait to get teh new system installed!

Comment

FYI Dyno dynamics machines will show around 15% lower numbers vs a dynojet. Not because they are wrong, but because they are right.

Comment

I don't try to compare one dynojet to another- it's just really hard when they're designed so differently. What I do plan to do is stick with these guys as I modify so I'll be on the same dyno every time and have the most accurate representation of my improvement.

Comment

Your hp numbers are OK, but the torque numbers are way off. What have you done to your car?

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                  Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                  5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

What is wrong with those torque numbers? They seem kind of low to me. I think the stock ratting is 265ft*lbs at the crank.

Comment

My car put down 239 rwtq stock.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

The exhaust is what throws off the tq numbers. No Y or H-pipe, or any pipe for that matter after the cats
                        Last edited by phayzer5; 05-20-2007, 08:48 PM.

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                        '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                        '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

What he said.

Comment

Why are you not running an exhaust? (Those dyno pulls must have been loud as hell).

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Because it rotted off and I haven't found the time to install the new system I pieced together. It wasn't nearly as loud as the GTO with dual 3" exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                              X