No announcement yet.

GT40p, Lincoln Logs and #5 plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking you should use angled spark plugs.

Comment

i'm running Delco R42LTS copper plugs. These, however, are 2 heat ranges colder than needed for nitrous application. But you can run copper plugs in the gt40p heads. The Motorcraft equal would be AGSF22C. For stock heat range you would need AGSF22A in a motorcraft. There are spark plug cross reference websites that can be used to get a different brand. I have similar clearance issues on cylinders 2-4, but 1,5-8 are fine. I am running FRP shorties.

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
      Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
      Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
      NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Comment

Are lincoln logs direct replacements? flanges matching up and such
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
          Are lincoln logs direct replacements? flanges matching up and such
          yes
          using a pr on my 92 with cats from a 89 vic and a new h pipe for a box

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yes they are a direct replacement. They fit all of my stock exhaust and everything. Direct bolt up to the GT40P heads too.
            But as ou can see they are tight with plugs but so are the shorty headers. I would say an even match as far as tightness.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
              yes
              using a pr on my 92 with cats from a 89 vic and a new h pipe for a box
              is that a stock ho motor?
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Im running p heads and the lincoln logs in my wagon. I had to loosen up the manifold to get #5's plug out. Tried fabbing something up out of sockets that size to get around it but didn't have any success. I guess its the cost of doing a budget build. And definitely need 90* boots on 5 and 6... maybe 7.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Is it just me, or do lincoln logs look like they would make a pretty sweet twin turbo setup? Upside down and foward facing of course.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                  Big plans

Comment

This isn't entirely relevant, but it is kind of.

Does anyone have experience with the FRPP headers for the P heads? Do they provide adequate access to the plugs?
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
                      Is it just me, or do lincoln logs look like they would make a pretty sweet twin turbo setup? Upside down and foward facing of course.
                      Looks may be deceiving. If you look at them closely they are pretty restrictive. They have dimples on each side of each tube for the bolts I believe. The passage is pretty narrow compared to a real header.

I didn't get a chance to try the socket thing last night because I had to replace my water pump on my truck. Didn't plan on that at all. And had to change the oil in the wife's ride because she is going out of town today.
                      I will try tonight with the socket and let you know if I have any success.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. If it doesn't work I will do the manifold removal. At least it is on the easy to get to side.

Comment

Their certainly not as good as stock mustang shorties. But their the best direct bolt in available, even if they flow probably about the same as the stock manifolds, their alot lighter. And better looking.

Hope I don't need to do plugs on the 89 any time soon.
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post

Does anyone have experience with the FRPP headers for the P heads? Do they provide adequate access to the plugs?
                          Im using those on my marquis and they work great, easy clearance all around and you don't need to use 90* boots or anything. Only downside is the price.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                          1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post

plenty of room, and those are the ceramic coated ones i installed on there

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Neal 97 250 View Post
                              Zoomie, Killer good information. I believe a cut socket just may work. The room from behind the header pipe and the plug tip is not as much on the lincoln logs as it is on the BBK shorties but I just may be able to get that cut socket to work.
                              Awesome tip, thanks.

The plugs I am using are recommended for the Explorer engine for sure. It recommend the 4 electrode Iridium tips but they are hella expensive so I went with the platinum ones.
                              Why do you say they are no good?

What are your opinions on the shortie plugs? better or worse and why?

Vicky, sorry I thought you meant straight boots. No idea why I had that in my head.
                              the bosch plat 4s are just a expensive waste of money due to that they only spark of one side or the other on the plugs, the on eguy i knew of that ran shorty plugs had a 400 chevy motor, ran pretty good. shorty plugs are just that, short they will work just fine.
                              if your going iridium just use the reg tip ones, i have a set in my linc and also my sonata, they work very well.
                              89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by FatNasty View Post
                                Im using those on my marquis and they work great, easy clearance all around and you don't need to use 90* boots or anything. Only downside is the price.
                                You wouldn't happen to have any pics would you?
                                If those are as good as you explain they may be worth the price

Comment

Working...
                                X