No announcement yet.

GT40p, Lincoln Logs and #5 plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.cjponyparts.com/product.a...cd2=1289052702 something like these i would suppose
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by FatNasty View Post
      Im using those on my marquis and they work great, easy clearance all around and you don't need to use 90* boots or anything. Only downside is the price.
      Thanks, Mark. I know they're expensive... but they already came on the car; I was just making sure they wouldn't still be a nuisance.

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
      plenty of room, and those are the ceramic coated ones i installed on there
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
        Their certainly not as good as stock mustang shorties. But their the best direct bolt in available, even if they flow probably about the same as the stock manifolds, their alot lighter. And better looking.

Hope I don't need to do plugs on the 89 any time soon.
        I don't remember having any clearance issues with the #5 plug. however I did use a brass drift and 4lb hammer to dimpled the pipe around the #5 and #6 tubes before I installed the manifold. it wasn't anything substantial. I used stock Autolite plugs along with a 5/8" plug socket that has a built swivel on the end, the plug was removed and installed several times with out any problems.

90 Degree plug boots were required on #5 and #6 spark plug to keep from burning on the manifold.
        2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
        89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
        88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Update with questions

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you soooo much.
          I cut an old socket off. Shortened it on both ends quite a bit and cut a slice out of the side of it.
          It worked like a champ on the plugs.
          Kudos to you guys.

Here is an updated pic. The intake is just sitting on the top for now but you get the gest.

OK now for a couple of questions.
          There is a what looks like a vacuum valve on the fuel rail. What should I do with this? Vacuum all the time or not? Here's a pic

Something else, There is a sensor on the lopo intake that is not there on the new Explorer intake. What is this for and what should I do with the plug? It is the one in the center of the pic. Here is the pic:

One more question, should I put a full vacuum to the oil fill tube? In addition to the PCV?
          Here's a pic:

Comment

hmmmm might b act sensor
            Last edited by zoomie; 11-07-2010, 10:54 PM.
            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

OK maybe I feel stupid but what is the ACT sensor and what does it do?
              Surely there is another option than drilling and tapping????

Comment

Originally posted by Neal 97 250 View Post
                OK maybe I feel stupid but what is the ACT sensor and what does it do?
                Surely there is another option than drilling and tapping????
                Throw it in your airbox. That's where mine is.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I can do that. Is it an air temp sensor???

Comment

What about the vacuum to the oil filler tube??? Should I do it or not? I have a PCV on the rear of the intake. I was thinking just filtered connection like a filter on the valve cover?
                    And the vacuum connection/valve on the fuel rail??? What is that and should I provide it with a constant vacuum?

Comment

The one with the red hard plastic hose? That's the fuel pressure regulator...it needs constant vacuum yes
                      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

its the air charge temperature sensor. There are two answers here. One is throw it in the airbox. The official correct way is to drill and tap the lower intake to accept it. The ECM doesn't go into long-term learning strategy unless that sensor hits 120 degrees, which it will never do in the airbox. Does it really matter? Shit if I know. I put mine back in the intake trying to fix a problem, and it didn't really do much.

its a 3/8 NPT tap if I remember correctly. Only earlier Explorer intakes have the flat boss where the sensor goes though, so unless you have a spot that looks like it ought to have a hole in it, don't put a hole in there.

Tube on the valve cover goes to the tube on the throttle body. Its the air inlet for the PCV system. If you don't have the tube on the throttle body, you can either add it, or tap into the air intake pipe somehow to give it an air source. Not super critical if you have speed density, but it really needs to be connected to the air intake if its mass air.
                        Last edited by gadget73; 11-07-2010, 11:53 PM.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                          The one with the red hard plastic hose? That's the fuel pressure regulator...it needs constant vacuum yes
                          Thanks. I have plenty of lines on this new plenum. Most will be just capped off.
                          I labeled this line as you can see but it was plumbed in with the EGR junk that is no longer there.

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                          Throw it in your airbox. That's where mine is.
                          Easy enough.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          its the air charge temperature sensor. There are two answers here. One is throw it in the airbox. The official correct way is to drill and tap the lower intake to accept it. The ECM doesn't go into long-term learning strategy unless that sensor hits 120 degrees, which it will never do in the airbox. Does it really matter? Shit if I know. I put mine back in the intake trying to fix a problem, and it didn't really do much.

its a 3/8 NPT tap if I remember correctly. Only earlier Explorer intakes have the flat boss where the sensor goes though, so unless you have a spot that looks like it ought to have a hole in it, don't put a hole in there.

Tube on the valve cover goes to the tube on the throttle body. Its the air inlet for the PCV system. If you don't have the tube on the throttle body, you can either add it, or tap into the air intake pipe somehow to give it an air source. Not super critical if you have speed density, but it really needs to be connected to the air intake if its mass air.
                          Thanks guys. You have answered my problems and I really appreciate it.
                          This swap is going slow because i only get to work on it in my spera time. An hour or two in the afternoon if I can even get that much time.
                          It won't be long now.

-ACT goes into the airbox.
                          -Fuel pressure regulator get full vacuum all the time directly from the upper intake.
                          -And good filtered air for the valve cover/oil filler neck. Just as I suspected. I forgot to take a pic of the engine before I pulled it (dumbass) so I forgot wher this one connected.

One more question; What belt are you guys running that have removed the air pump but still have A/C?
                          I plan on marking the length and going to the parts store and spending some quality time there. But I thought that someone here may have done this and has this info handy.

Thanks again,
                          Neal
                          Last edited by Neal 97 250; 11-08-2010, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neal 97 250 View Post
                            Thank you, Thank you, Thank you soooo much.
                            I cut an old socket off. Shortened it on both ends quite a bit and cut a slice out of the side of it.
                            It worked like a champ on the plugs.
                            Kudos to you guys.

Here is an updated pic. The intake is just sitting on the top for now but you get the gest.

OK now for a couple of questions.
                            There is a what looks like a vacuum valve on the fuel rail. What should I do with this? Vacuum all the time or not? Here's a pic

Something else, There is a sensor on the lopo intake that is not there on the new Explorer intake. What is this for and what should I do with the plug? It is the one in the center of the pic. Here is the pic:

One more question, should I put a full vacuum to the oil fill tube? In addition to the PCV?
                            Here's a pic:

Full vacuum to the red line on the fuel rail (Fuel pressure regulator).
                            Full vacuum to the valve cover (breather for the pcv system). The later explorer throttle bodies don't have the pipe for the breather. Also, you'll have to use the tps from the explorer. If you had an earlier throttle body, it would already have what you need.

Get a later model air box from a town car or something, they have the sensor in the air box. You'll need to extend your wires, but that shouldn't be too hard. The other option would be to drill and tap the gt40 intake to accomodate the sensor.
                            Last edited by 86VickyLX; 11-08-2010, 11:43 AM.

Comment

more questions

Can I use the ACT that is already in the 1995 airbox. It is different than the one I pulled from the 1990 but I can overcome the electrical connection differences very easily. Otherwise I need to try to make the one from the 1990 fit.
                              Pics:

Comment

TPS question

Can I just swap the TPS from the 1990 and put it on the newer Explorer TB? There are plug differences but if I can use the old TPS it would be nice.
                                Pics:

Comment

Working...
                                X