No announcement yet.

Comp XE258 cam fits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yaaaay ive been dying to put one of these in my car, but fundage is low, but hopefully that will change shortyly, post vids ASAP!!!! btw excellent work mang!!
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Cool. If you have the EGR on the car still, try plugging the vac line off to see if it changes anything. I had an off-idle crappiness for years that I finally managed to chase to the egr valve opening too soon.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Cool. If you have the EGR on the car still, try plugging the vac line off to see if it changes anything. I had an off-idle crappiness for years that I finally managed to chase to the egr valve opening too soon.
        Weak EGR spring FTL!

Comment

my valve was fine, the regulator was sticky and not regulating. It was 0 or 100% open, nothing in between. A bit of oil to get the regulator un-stuck and life was good.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by merc91 View Post
            I keep hearing that it supposed to pull like a freight train with the specs on it but no-one really that I could find that actually had one in their car... and I can definently say now that yes, this sucker indeed pulls like a freight train! haha. Bumped up the timing to 16* which it likes with 91 octane. Still is stumbly and shakey under 1500RPM but smooth and loads of power over that so i'll have to do a little work thier. Heres what she looks like done, accept the heater hose is hidden now same with the other vac line... and I'll get some pics and vids of me driving it and the idle up here wednesday. Promise.

G][/IMG]
            Well, so much for being the first to do that paint-job to the P intake...

Comment

even ground the intake all down smooth and took off the bracket cast into it before the big paint job haha, I'm a micron man, sometimes a little to much but if its worth doing, its worth overdoing right.
              Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
              HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Originally posted by merc91 View Post
                sometimes a little to much but if its worth doing, its worth overdoing right.
                my throttle body agrees lol
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Not to jack this thread, but this is kind of relevant.

Is the XE264 more or less agressive than the 258? I've looked over a ton of OTS offerings from Summit, but have never come across the XE258, or XE264 nomenclature.

I think my car has a stock explorer rebuild on it; is PTV clearance still as much of a concern? More of a concern?
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                    Not to jack this thread, but this is kind of relevant.

Is the XE264 more or less agressive than the 258? I've looked over a ton of OTS offerings from Summit, but have never come across the XE258, or XE264 nomenclature.

I think my car has a stock explorer rebuild on it; is PTV clearance still as much of a concern? More of a concern?
                    The 264 is more aggressive (Mikey/MrLTD has one in his wagon). The part number you're looking for from Summit is:

And the 258...

Comment

looks like they would both work. The lift on the 264 would make both valves clear the same. It says the 264 is designed for 1.7 rockers... but using the 1.6 would keep clearance issues mute on the stock bottom.

Merc91: Did you have to put valve reliefs into the pistons?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I still want to find out of it work with TF heads....I don't see why it wouldn't. Methinks I'm going to try. All else fails if they don't I could always get an explorer motor.

No clue on how big the combustion chambers are in the GT40s, but wouldn't you have a fairly healthy compression ratio with the Flat Top pistons?
                        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

haaayy wheres the video todays is wed!!!!

Comment

now this 258 cam..says for 302, but is there version that will work with the 351?? or that will work due to similar design and same firing order as the 302 HO?
                            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                              now this 258 cam..says for 302, but is there version that will work with the 351?? or that will work due to similar design and same firing order as the 302 HO?
                              the XE258 will drop in a windsor based 351 with no prob,

Comment

have to be a roller block though right? so no good for me...
                                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
                                X