17" Mopar steelies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FastGallopingPonies View Post
    these RSA's have been alright but disappointing in Wet weather.
    Seriously? I've been quite impressed with my RS-As both in dry, wet, and even snowy conditions. Granted, I'm not much to buy megabuck tires new, but I think these have the best all-around performance I've ever experienced.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

From even a light take off I'll spin them, and the rear end on occasion wants to break away in turns when it's wet.
      Resident diesel addict

Comment

Funkiness. What rear do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by FastGallopingPonies View Post
          From even a light take off I'll spin them, and the rear end on occasion wants to break away in turns when it's wet.
          Same deal with the RSA's on my Dad's car. I think his are dried out pretty bad though. They sure do like to spin though...
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I only have a 3.08 rear so that isn't it.
            Resident diesel addict

Comment

mounted them the other day... tires pic is for size comparison - the two middle tires are the 255/55/17's, to the left is the 215/65/17 size (stock for one of the cars running this wheel), and to the right is the 255/70/15 I used to wear.
              In the last pic, compare the tire to the tire track of the smaller tire
              Attached Files
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

looking good Pete mang, How's the 255/55's fit? I figured they'd be real bulgy, goof you get a side picture of them? like looking towards the rear but capturing the tire and rim? This intrigues me.
                Resident diesel addict

Comment

like this one? the pic quality sucks but Its the only one that really shows what you need... just ignor the rust coming through the fender.

(front tire is still 225/50/17)
                  Attached Files
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Someone has a considerable affection for 28" and 29" tyres!

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                      Aside from some road noise and impact harshness, those tires are well liked, but kind of pricey. For rain, I hear a lot of good things about the Michelin Hydro Edge. The Michelin is even more than the Goodyear, however.

I have been impressed by my Kumho Ecsta ASXs, especially considering the price.
                      x2 on the hydroedges. I run them, and they are fantastic. They're a little pricey, but not bad if you go to Costco, and they have a good warranty. And they grip like no tomorrow.
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                      91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                      93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                      Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                      Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                      95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                        Yes! I've decided 28" is my perect diameter for a rear tire... 29" fills the waggin spring-induced wheel well gap nicely but is silly big. Im going back to sedan springs, especially since the front will get even lower with the tru-coil springs...
                        sigpic

Comment

Interesting! Guess I'd like 28" tires better if my rear wheels had more backspacing. I'm planning on going shorter if these ever wear out and/or I feel justified dismounting a set of perfectly good tires.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            And someone has a considerable affection for the letter "Y"...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

This program brought to you by the numbers 2 and 4, and by the letter Y. *insert footage of Sesame Street Muppets prancing around Styrofoam numbers and letter*

Comment

I have 28" tall tires on the back of my car. The stock 225 70 15 is 27.4" tall, so there isn't that much of a difference.

Also, how about these wheels? Do they have the same bolt circle. I like the way they look, but I imagine they'd look pretty damn silly on my car... and too much money for steel wheels...

My friend has Dodge Charger Daytonas (the new ones) with 20" wheels (factory stuff), and they have really tall tires on them. I'd say 29" or taller. If the bolt circle is the same, maybe I'll try and swap a set of his wheels on my car, just to see how it will look with "dubs"...
                                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                                X