rear springs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear springs...

Ok, Im pretty sure that the rear springs are sagging on my 91 Grand Marquis, i really dont want to put the wagon coils on because i dont want that much of a rake to it. What would be a good spring to go with to return it to stock ride height and not drag ass when i have people in the back seat? or do i not do the springs and go with some of those load-assist coil overs on the rear? or both? when i look on the advance auto parts website they only list the Moog CC837 and the 8805, would any of those be a good choice?

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis

Seen some other posts talking about the CC817 coils, but i only see them listed for 1989 and older, dont know if these would be an option or not?
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis

Comment

Rear Springs
      8795: Wagon straight rate.
      8649: Sedan Straight rate.
      CC819: Wagon Cargo Coil (variable)
      CC817: Sedan Cargo Coil (variable)

79-01 springs are interchangeable.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Someone read the FAQ! YAY!
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

go for the CC817 sedan cargo coils - it will sit nice and level!
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

My Lincoln has a slight rake to it, and it has the factory springs on it. The front shocks are shot so all 4 will be replaced with cheapo stock replacements, but mine rides smooth and has a nice look. Not sure if Lincoln springs are different than CV/GM springs, if not i'll probably eventually throw on wagon cargo coils in back with F150 shocks and police springs and shocks up front.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Just ordered Sedan HD's for the car with Variable rates for the back cant wait.. IDk if im gunna go with motorcraft police shocks again tho??

Comment

I've used the sedan cargos on a few MGMs and liked them. They really helped with body lean too.

For the TC though, they looked like they were sagging out of the box. I've got SW cargos in it now and it's good for me, but because I used the thick energy spacers on the front the car is higher all around.

Pete
                Originally posted by gadget73
                For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Sedan cargos don't seem to hold up well, at least on a Lincoln. I had the same experience with mine, they sagged very quickly. If you use the standard wagon coils, it sits up a little in the back without looking overly silly. Used wagon coils will be closer to stock ride height, but still give you more weight capacity than stockers.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My CC819s are still sitting pretty high. When it's out of drydock I'll take some pictures and compare it to ones from when I got the wagon cargo coils to see if there's much of a difference. Unfortunately that's about all I can do to check...didn't measure anything before/after spring install.
                    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I want the stiffest springs, which is wagon cargo coils in back and police springs in front, with police shocks in front and 2WD F150 rear shocks I believe. Since the Lincoln is heavier than the other two that shouldn't raise it too much. For now my stock Lincoln springs have a slight rake still so i'm gonna get cheap shocks and when those go out the springs should need replacing as well which is when i'll upgrade to that stuff. By then hopefully I can find a Lincoln rear swaybar as well which will complete the handling upgrades.
                      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

If you go with the 819's make sure you replace your shocks with F-150 truck shocks. I didn't and ripped the rod out of the top of the stock shocks. You will have to get new mounting bolts for the bottom of the F-150 shock.
                        89 CV LX 225/60 x 16 tires, CC819 rear springs, Front & rear sway bar, trans & PS cooler from 90 cop car. KYB shocks, F-150 on rear. Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe. Dark brown door panels, carpet, steering wheel, trim parts from a 87 Mer GM. Power front buckets from 96 Jeep Cherokee. LED'S front & rear. 3G Alt from a 97 Taurus wagon 3.0. Electric fan. Rear axle from a 97 PI 3.27 with disk brakes. Headlight relays.

Comment

Working...
                        X