No announcement yet.

Making a box not handle like a box..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah I wouldn't be overly concerned about using factory steel as the front brace. Most anything with reasonable stiffness to connect the two ends of the frame together would do it.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Don't the bumpers do essentially the same thing as a crossmember when installed?

Comment

I think they kind of isolated by the those 5mph shock absorbers though. It would keep the rails from pinch closer at the ends, but probably not much keeping them from torquing.

Comment

Thanks for the information.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've got a buddy who does welding/fab. Where would be the best place to crossbrace this frame without pulling anything off?

Comment

Front and rear crossmembers could be added easily with just pulling the bumpers.

Honestly, reinforcing the frame would be extremely far down my list of stuff to do.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Yeah not running any open track events in this bastard anytime soon, just getting ideas. There's going to be a LOT of drivetrain mods before any weird frame nonsense gets addressed.

Comment

Working...
                X