No announcement yet.

Stock tire pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The backs are 215s because 215's were the largest size I could get for the stock rim in Uniroyal tiger paws
    Thats gobbldeygook - I had 235/70/15 Uniroyal Tigerpaws on my stock wheels at one point... you can fit up to a 235 60/15 or a 255/70 15 on a stock 6.5" wide wheel - I have run all sizes mentioned with no probs.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
      Thats gobbldeygook - I had 235/70/15 Uniroyal Tigerpaws on my stock wheels at one point... you can fit up to a 235 60/15 or a 255/70 15 on a stock 6.5" wide wheel - I have run all sizes mentioned with no probs.
      Agreed. I put 275/60R15s on stock steelies.

Wasnt too difficult for me, either...
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
        Agreed. I put 275/60R15s on stock steelies.

Wasnt too difficult for me, either...

Yeah, but most places don't have those listed because technically they are too wide for the rims and they aren't factory sizes.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
          I'm still surprised that you can fit that big of tires on stock rims. I thought the 225 Tiger Paws my dad had on his 77 2 door Chrysler New Yorker were big, but that was the smallest tire listed for it the 15 inch rims though. It had a couple of extra hundred pounds I'm guessing on a standard Vic/GrandMarquis and the rim was wider since the car was also. I wonder what the ride is like with 235's or larger, my Blazer with Michelin 235's rode nicely with them was able to do 70 before the "bad wheel bearings shake" kicked in.

Pepboys put on the 215 Tiger Paws on the rear in december, it had the same listing in their computer for them too. I checked out both types of tires, because they were going to replace all four if they didn't offer 215's to match the Tiger Paws. They work good though now that the tires all match, drove on 476 yesterday and it was smooth up to around 80mph. The psi's might be off because I haven't checked them yet though, last time I had the rear tires set at 35psi.

Pepboys are good for cheap tires that will work fine, which is what I needed. They fuck up sometimes but I've been screwed over by other places even when I had a warranty on my tires. My family has been doing business with them for 13 years, so they usually treat us pretty good. I'm just glad they fixed everything for free otherwise I would have had to sacrifice putting on dual exhaust. :evil:
          Last edited by 87mefull; 02-27-2006, 06:55 PM.
          Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
          2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
          Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
          Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

Working...
          X