No announcement yet.

The best handling combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

save your money, if the car needs four ball joints and bushings, you can do the big brake swap and es bushings and it will really stop and handle

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

how much will the big break swap run me estimate wise?
      The Terror Of The Streets
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2299944

Comment

Yes, how much?...no reason in particular...

Comment

depends on what mechanical ability and tools you have, and the availability of a cheap source for 98-02 panther parts.........i got my big brake stuff from a 28,000 mile grand marquis at a total of 120 bucks for the spindles, upper arms, rotors, hubs, calipers, brackets and hoses, upper and lower ball joints and brake pads, and bushings i got new........cost me about 400 in parts being thrifty........if you are replacing tie rods, idler arm, pitman arm, sleeves, springs and lower arm bushings and shocks add more.............those items were all already done or in decent shape and are all box body parts retained in the big brake swap.........need any more info about ti just ask
          scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

+1 on teh big brake conversion.

GMGT handles pretty well for what i've done, but it pales in comparison to scott's car.

However, that will all change :evil:
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Here in the next few months hopefully mine will be in the competition for best handling panther..........thanks to everybodys help

Comment

MercuryMarquis89, I have the same color car, Currant Red "EC". I didn't like the color when I first saw it. It grew on me fast!!!

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Ok here is the info yall wanted, My front sway bar is 1 1/8" And the distance from the center of the hub to the fender is 1' 5 1/4"

I loved the color from the first time i saw it. When i first spotted her the owner wouldent sell, But i told her i would own it one day soon. I kept bugging her and throwing her offers untill she took my 98 ford taurus and a 94 dodge dynasty in trade, both had bad transmissions.

Comment

they didnt make dy-nastys in 94......teh intrepod was teh replacement

Comment

i thought it was a 94 it had to been a little earlier then. It was a light blue and wouldent shift out of first

Comment

there will be an official big brake swap article soon...

You could do a junkyard special big brake swap for about $200 bucks in parts if you get a GOOD deal at the junkyard (re-using bearings, hoses, ball joints, etc)
                        If you buy new brake hoses, rotors, etc and do a suspention rebiuld at the same time, it goes up to 5 or 6 hundered or more depending on qualitly of parts you use and how far you go.
                        Thats all assuming you can do it all yourself!
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Catch my GM if you can around a corner.
                          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b
                            Catch my GM if you can around a corner.
                            Mine doesnt handle bad now...

It will really be lethal when I get done with it :evil:
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

IF I could find some, I want to get the suspension parts off of a pre-03 KB panther. Anyone know where/how you can get them?
                              Nick
                              88 Colony Park LS
                              G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                              Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

That car i was talking about was a 94 plymoth acclaim. I was curious so i hunted it down.

Comment

Working...
                                X