Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 351-lincoln View Post
    are you saying you car shift from side to side with these new bushings
    no, he has the original Ford bushings on his car, but they're dead like mine are.

hm, odd that it doesn't have one over the axle. Looks like it should based on how its shaped.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ugh, gathering all the bushings for the suspension looks like it might cost some money. along with the joints. ... they make a blue boot lower ball joint from napa....why not a upper

Comment

boxing of the lower trailing arms. ill post more pics after i finish welding and smooth them out.
        Attached Files

Comment

nice work man...are you gonna be painting the body of the car aswell?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
            nice work man...are you gonna be painting the body of the car aswell?
            naa, the paint is very nice on it. and i love the color. so im going to keep it the same for a while

Comment

Wow this thing is going to be sweet man, cant wait to see it done

Comment

I don't care if it's Fox, it looks good anyway. A Fox just wants to be a Panther when it grows up.
                89 CV LX 225/60 x 16 tires, CC819 rear springs, Front & rear sway bar, trans & PS cooler from 90 cop car. KYB shocks, F-150 on rear. Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe. Dark brown door panels, carpet, steering wheel, trim parts from a 87 Mer GM. Power front buckets from 96 Jeep Cherokee. LED'S front & rear. 3G Alt from a 97 Taurus wagon 3.0. Electric fan. Rear axle from a 97 PI 3.27 with disk brakes. Headlight relays.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen View Post
                  I don't care if it's Fox, it looks good anyway. A Fox just wants to be a Panther when it grows up.
                  What the heck are you talking about?
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Thats s 1980 Lincoln Mark VI, which is a Panther. Basically a Towncar with a different header and tail panel. Foxes don't have frames.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

so the urethane bushings are not going to be a go for me. story is they will be much to solid for my cars ability's and will warp my body.

but enjoy the new, and incomplete suspension.
                      Attached Files

Comment

they arent that hard!
                        4 cars done so far, and i sold 4 spacer kits

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

well the story on cars hittin over 40"s . hard bushings will not alow enough deflection to prevent body damage.

Comment

Those rubber mounts really aren't going to give all that much. They have a metal sleeve in the middle of them that prevents much compression, and the bolt to limit expansion. If the frame is going to be twisted out of parallel with the body, it would shred the rubber mounts in a hurry.

That, and the rubber mounts just aren't in the Ford parts system anymore, so it might be a case of you have to use what you can get, rather than what you want. Unless of course you have a good enough set of originals to make custom molds of, then pour your own softer durometer poly bushings.

Comment

From what I've seen of hopping, no matter what there is going to be damage.

And from what I do with my car, soft bushings (well the worn out stockers) didn't help save the body from damage due to frame flex. My roof is torn at all the corners of the door jambs.
                              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Yea, hopping is going to cause body tweaking. I don't think I've ever seen one which didn't have visible ripples/distortion in the metal on the outside of the c-pillars, after a few hard hours of competition.

Comment

Working...
                                X