No announcement yet.

1980 lincoln body bushings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, i have sent a email to them, they got back with me today. said they have "some". so i told him again thats its all of them i need and the hardware. so we will see.

Comment

I hope you get what you need mang i cant wait to see your finished product!!!!!
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Frame looks real solid for that thing. If you end up going with some non-OEM bushing, let us know what you find out. I need to do these on my car too. I was halfway considering getting truck ones and comparing them, since you can get pickup frame bushings easy.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
          Frame looks real solid for that thing. If you end up going with some non-OEM bushing, let us know what you find out. I need to do these on my car too. I was halfway considering getting truck ones and comparing them, since you can get pickup frame bushings easy.
          thanks, i will try everything in my power to use the correct stock ones. polys are to stiff for what i want. so i must have them

Comment

updates, a few pics.
            Attached Files

Comment

That looks like beautiful work I love the pics of the frame! I may have to start doing frame work on Vicky...(1989 LTD Crown Victoria Police cruiser) so keep them pics a coming
              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

So are you adding metal over the metal? It doesn't look like it's rusted...I guess you are re-enforcing it for the hydraulic bounces?

Comment

Have you by chance figured anything out for bushings yet? I was considering checking out Impala bushings and maybe truck ones to see if I could find compatible ones. The front ones on my car are really bad. The front left fender bounces visibly over rough road.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ohhh mama...

someday i wanna do a frame-off resto for the LTD
                    LTD is still here

Comment

Jizz.......
                      Looks awsome.
                      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                        Have you by chance figured anything out for bushings yet? I was considering checking out Impala bushings and maybe truck ones to see if I could find compatible ones. The front ones on my car are really bad. The front left fender bounces visibly over rough road.
                        well the place lincolnmania told me to go, has been taking for ever!!!!!!!!! they send me a e-mail once every 6 months. and lincolnmania has yet to get back with me after saying he will talk to the guy and also check with a friend....
                        so no, i have no idea. been given the run around, so its been a pita.

Comment

o yea. back side of the engine crossmember. also, i picked these up at my uncles junk yard, they are off a 89 merc. my lincoln has them steel bar ones, cant extend them well. but i can these.
                          Attached Files

Comment

hey, im back the frame is just about complete. just need some finishing smoothing done. and then all the stages of the por15 then the chassis black por15. you can see some interesting things done to the frame if you have a keen eye.
                            Attached Files

Comment

o yea...... I STILL NEED THEM BUSHINGS
                              every time i would talk to the person it seemed like we got NO WHERE! and fast. so im just going to have to gear down, write down the numbers that i think they are, call them and say get these and call me when you find them and ill give you the card numbers!

Comment

A lot of looking was done for these, and they just don't exist anymore. The plan is to use an Energy Suspension generic body mount bushing instead. I have a set for my car, they'll get installed whenever the planets align properly so that all parties involved have time for it.

I see *something* up where the rear spring perches are, but I don't know what they are. Looks like you boxed the stock front lower control arms too?

Comment

Working...
                                X